PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Radio Button - Signature box - conditional - fails to display - Android

1. Formmaker

I have a form that has a radio button to agree to terms. when someone chooses I agree, then a signature box is supposed to appear based on conditional of radio button = I agree.

it works fine except on Samsung Android phones - I only know of two repeatable reported cases with the same phone and am not sure if this affects other androids

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday March 23, 2013 | Permalink
  2. I'll leave this for someone with an Android device to see if they can reproduce it. I'll let the team know. We'll need the URL of the page on your site where we can test the form.

3. Formmaker

I can help you with that now if you get to me shortly - I do not want to give the url publicly, but don't mind privately and don't mind giving someone on your team access, and am forced to take it down shortly upon close of registrations, so I can also work on it while not in use but live.
    at which point it will change unfortunately - I would love to help.

4. We'll create a form with a conditionally appearing signature and see if one of the team members with a Samsung Android phone can recreate this issue. That way, you won't have to share your form URL or worry about access or timing. We'll update the topic once it's been tested.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday March 25, 2013 | Permalink
  5. David Peralty

So, I created a form: http://upranked.com/signature-2/
    I loaded it on my Samsung Galaxy S3 and when I select Yes the Signature field appears.
    Can you test on my site and see if you experience the same?

6. Formmaker

I cannot test myself this was brought to my attention by two separate registrants - both with the same phone - I do not have the phone and relied on our phone conversations. keep in mind these are Canadian phones - usually branded and not having the same as American loads from what I understand.

7. David Peralty

Well, then that makes me even happier as I am a Canadian, with the international version of the Samsung S3. If you e-mail me the URL at peralty@rocketgenius.com, I can take a look.

8. Formmaker

Dave,
    I am always gun shy of bleeding edge technology and even like to sit a revision back :) Cellphone branding makes a new thing even more new and untested - very bad blackberry storm experience - got to know lead engineers at blackberry though...long story...should have been paid...

Chris hajer is looking at another issue ( http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/apostrophes-in-names-cause-name-dissappear-on-form-submission-error-on-page?replies=6#post-184126 ) with the same site I am cc' ing you the same info for the site as him - with a login as a member, if you need admin access let me know.

after you have looked at it let me know - I will be taking the pages down, updating the plugins etc including the updated beta release of the user registration, then I will let you know and you can login in again and check it out..

Please be aware I am under contracted obligation to maintain their privacy. thanks.

9. David Peralty

Received the details, tested with my phone, and didn't have any issues. Without more data, I can't help sort out where the issue could be coming from. With all we know, it is definitely a JavaScript issue, but which rendering engine is having issues? Could the person be using a different browser than the built-in one? Again, so many factors that this would be difficult to figure out on our side. You would have to create test cases and figure out where the source of the issue lies.

10. Formmaker

Thanks for looking into it, glad to know it is not likely gravity...

newest user registration beta release? send me a link, please

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday March 26, 2013 | Permalink