PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Receiving error processing credit card

1. I am receiving an error trying to process credit cards using Authorize.net. I have everything set up correctly. (Plugin (version 1.3.4) SSL, Dedicated IP, Authorize.net API, Product/Service Feed setup) I can't figure it out!

https://www.sco-oc.org/donation-form/

password: gravity

Posted 10 years ago on Friday June 21, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Download the logging tool on this page: http://www.gravityhelp.com/downloads/

Install and activate the logging plugin (ignore the message it gives about your license). Then go to the Settings page of Gravity Forms and at the top you will see a Logging link. Click this link and then enable all messages for Authorize.Net. Save. Next time the form gets filled out a log will get created. Go back to the Logging page and there will be a link to view the log. This should show you the error that Authorize.Net is kicking back.

3. The log is below, also I just noticed that regardless of what API I put in I get check marks, so If I just type in 1111 or switch it to test mode it shows check marks.

2013-06-21 13:15:29 - ERROR --> Transaction failed
    2013-06-21 13:15:29 - ERROR --> AuthorizeNetAIM_Response Object
    (
    [_response_array:private] => Array
    (
    )

[approved] =>
    [declined] =>
    [error] => 1
    [held] =>
    [response_code] =>
    [response_subcode] =>
    [response_reason_code] =>
    [response_reason_text] =>
    [authorization_code] =>
    [avs_response] =>
    [transaction_id] =>
    [invoice_number] =>
    [description] =>
    [amount] =>
    [method] =>
    [transaction_type] =>
    [customer_id] =>
    [first_name] =>
    [last_name] =>
    [company] =>
    [address] =>
    [city] =>
    [state] =>
    [zip_code] =>
    [country] =>
    [phone] =>
    [fax] =>
    [email_address] =>
    [ship_to_first_name] =>
    [ship_to_last_name] =>
    [ship_to_company] =>
    [ship_to_address] =>
    [ship_to_city] =>
    [ship_to_state] =>
    [ship_to_zip_code] =>
    [ship_to_country] =>
    [tax] =>
    [duty] =>
    [freight] =>
    [tax_exempt] =>
    [purchase_order_number] =>
    [md5_hash] =>
    [card_code_response] =>
    [cavv_response] =>
    [account_number] =>
    [card_type] =>
    [split_tender_id] =>
    [requested_amount] =>
    [balance_on_card] =>
    [response] =>
    [error_message] => Error connecting to AuthorizeNet
    )

4. I have deleted the add-on re-downloaded it both from my Gravity Forms panel on the website as well as from here, and it doesn't matter what I type in for the API they all "work".

5. Sounds like something is blocking the connection to Authorize.Net. You might want to check with your host on that. I believe that's why you can type anything in and get the green check mark. If it was actually "checking" it would return a red dot.

6. If that's the case would it do that for all add-ons? I have Mailchimp installed and if I put the wrong "API" I get the red dot. I have PayPal Pro installed and since they signed up for Payflow the "API" is wrong and I have the red dot.

7. Well, they are different services, so one could work and not the other. They both are not coming directly to our API, they are going to MailChimp and PayPal directly. So it still would be a good idea to check and see if the requests out to Authorize.Net are getting blocked, or even if the communication back from Authorize.Net is getting blocked.

8. I have the Non Profits IT support, which host the website, looking into it. They can't seem to find the issue. Any idea what would cause the communication block? So I can help point them in the right direction.

Posted 10 years ago on Thursday June 27, 2013 | Permalink
  9. Sorry just getting back around to this - i just answered another one of your questions so wanted to know if this was still an issue for you given your question I just answered.

Posted 10 years ago on Friday June 28, 2013 | Permalink
  10. Rob, the host finally found the problem on their end. Thank you for all of your help!

Posted 10 years ago on Sunday June 30, 2013 | Permalink
  11. Glad to hear it, thanks for letting us know.

Posted 10 years ago on Monday July 1, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.