PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Remove css and ul li elements

1. #1 How do I remove the class? I set it to not generate css in the settings, but it is still there.

#2 How can I remove the ul and li elements?

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday December 10, 2011 | Permalink
  2. The not generating CSS means our stylesheet isn't going to be output onto the page. The markup, however, remains intact. You can then add your own classes to your fields or the form itself via the form builder.

You can't remove or modify the main structure of the form without hacking the plugin and you don't want to do that. You CAN however, use strategically placed HTML blocks inline to add markup - splitting the main list into multiple lists and adding divs or other containers around them. Here's an example.

First HTML Block:

</li><!-- close the html field li -->
    </ul><!-- close the list -->

<div id="form_section_1"><!-- open the first div container -->
    <ul><!-- reopen the list -->

Add fields for first section here

Second HTML Block:

</div><!-- close the first div container -->

<div id="form_section_2"><!-- open the second div container -->
    <ul><!-- reopen the list -->

Add fields for second section here

Last HTML Block:

</div><!-- close the second div container -->

Since the HTML block is in a <li > itself, you have to close that first, then close the list. After that you can introduce new markup to go between/around the lists, then re-open the list to start the new section. The last HTML block would close the last list and any open containers. Note: remember to check the "disable default margins" option for the HTML fields in the admin.

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday December 10, 2011 | Permalink