PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Repeat/Same Information in a Form - Autofill

1. vbush

I am recreating a CF7 form using Gravity Forms. In my form I have 3 address fields that could all be different or could all be the same addresses (child's home address, mother's home address, father's home address). I would like to include a checkbox prior to the 2nd and 3rd addresses that reads, perhaps, "same as above" and when this box is selected then the address autopopulates w/ the address info previously entered OR when the "same as above" checkbox is selected, the address section below is no longer "required" and they can submit the form w/out filling out that address section (hope this is making sense).

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday August 21, 2010 | Permalink
  2. This isn't currently a feature of Gravity Forms. However, it is a good idea. We can add it to our future feature list. It might be possible to do this now using custom jQuery but you would have to write the jQuery to do so.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday August 23, 2010 | Permalink
  3. I am looking for a feature like this. Any new developments?

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday January 25, 2012 | Permalink
  4. or any jQuery tutorial that would work with this.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday January 25, 2012 | Permalink
  5. The jquery hack is nice, but I would also like to see this kind of auto fill option built into Gravity Forms. If this is something that would be difficult, then a step-by-step tutorial on the Gravity Forms site showing how to accomplish this with jquery would also be helpful. Cheers and thanks for a great plugin.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday December 26, 2012 | Permalink
  6. Thank you for the feedback. I'll tag this as a feature request.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday December 26, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.