PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Reset form views and duplicate a form

1. Two questions...
    1) how do I reset form views back to zero?
    2) once I create a form, how do I duplicate it so I do not need to repeat all the configuration work?

Posted 14 years ago on Thursday September 3, 2009 | Permalink
  2. 1. You can't unless you do so directly in the MySQL database. The form views are stored in the YOURPREFIX_rg_form_view table and you can clear them from there. BUT you bring up a very valid point. I'll talk to the team and see about getting this added either in Version 1.1 that is coming out next week, or the one after that.

2. Currently there is no form duplication from within the admin. Again, it is possible to do it if you know what you are doing with MySQL. This is a feature that is tentatively scheduled to be introduced in Version 1.2 of the plugin.

Posted 14 years ago on Thursday September 3, 2009 | Permalink
  3. Can you run us through how to do a duplicate form with MySQL? Ideally through the PHPMyAdmin Interface?

Thanks!

Posted 14 years ago on Thursday September 17, 2009 | Permalink
  4. This could be a little tricky, but it is doable. Following are the steps you need to take
    1- Create a new form using Gravity Forms (you don't need to add any fields). We will use this form as a shell and copy the form meta data on top of it.

2- Figure out the id of the form you want to clone (you see the id in the edit form screen)

3- Go to phpMyAdmin and get the form meta by executing the following Sql replacing xxx with your form id. (table name assumes a table prefix of wp_)

SELECT display_meta FROM wp_rg_form_meta WHERE form_id=xxx

4- Copy all that text and paste it into notepad. We will now need to do a little "operation". Right in the beginning of the string you will see something like
    {s:2:"id";s:1:"9";s:5:"title";s:13:"Untitled Form" .....

You will need to change 2 things, the id and the title. In my example above, the id is "9" and the title is "Untitled Form". IMPORTANT! You will also have to adjust the variable that holds the number of characters in your new id and new title. This variable is the s:xx right before the string. In my example above, the s:1 is the character count for the id and s:13 is the count for the title. So if your new id is 10 and your new title is "Test", your string should like like this:
    {s:2:"id";s:2:"10";s:5:"title";s:4:"Test" .....

5- With that new string you are ready to update the dummy form you have created with the right information by running the following Update command in phpMyAdmin (replace yyy with your new string and xxx with the NEW form you created)

UPDATE wp_rg_form_meta SET display_meta='yyy' where form_id=xxx

obs: This process wil also copy the notifications to the new form

Good Luck

5. You may want to backup your MySQL DB or at the very least backup the Gravity Forms related tables before following the instructions above. Just to be safe.

6. Alex,

Thanks for the update. In this case our form only has about 20 fields so I think it's going to be easier to just recreate them manually. Hopefully this is a feature you'll be adding in the future though, it would be most helpful.

Cheers,
    Tim

Posted 14 years ago on Monday September 21, 2009 | Permalink
  7. Have we seen any progress on getting this into a working release?

Posted 13 years ago on Monday June 7, 2010 | Permalink
  8. idealists

Would love to see resetting form views in the next release (on a form by form basis), unless it is there and I have missed it :)

Posted 13 years ago on Monday July 12, 2010 | Permalink
  9. Did resetting form views made it to Gravity Forms? If true then were do I reset them. I couldn't find anything on the forums or documentation.

I'm ok with removing them from the database, just want to know if there's a button somewhere to reset them or not.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday August 17, 2010 | Permalink
  10. Currently there is not a way to reset form views, but we will look into adding it as a setting in the next release (not 1.4).

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday August 17, 2010 | Permalink
  11. Ralf Skirr

I'd like to see that feature too.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday October 19, 2010 | Permalink
  12. designhost

RE: Clearing entries from the YOURPREFIX_rg_form_view table in MySQL database. After recently purchasing GravityForms I created a form and tested, tested, and tested - with the result that I generated 100s of page views. Went to MySQL database and removed all of those entry lines (i.e. views) in the YOURPREFIX_rg_form_view table that had been generated by my IP address. That was fine. Returning to the back end of my Wordpress Admin I can see that the "views" count has not been updated as anticipated given that they have been deleted from the database. The count must be working as the count still increases when the form is viewed.

So I am puzzled - Where does the "Views" data that appears in the Gravity Forms/Wordpress backend come from? surely from the YOURPREFIX_rg_form_view table in MySQL database - but why no change - and what do i do now to reset - what am I missing about how the view count data is passed to the Admin interface? Is the count actually coming from elsewhere?

...David

Posted 13 years ago on Monday November 22, 2010 | Permalink
  13. David,
    The prefix_rg_form_view is the place to delete those views. They are not stored anywhere else. I am not sure what is going, but if you deleted the records from that table, your views should have been reset. I just tested it here to make sure and it worked as expected.
    Do you have any sort of caching turned on?

Posted 13 years ago on Monday November 22, 2010 | Permalink
  14. designhost

No caching plugin. There was something corrupt in the database it seems: had deleted entries via MySQL on a prior the occasion and had the database down to showing a total count under 1000 - but in wordpress gravity forms interface it was still displaying a count well over 6000. Went through the database deleting every entry in the rg_form_view table (each entry had no more than a 50 count - most under 10) - but one entry alone when deleted took the total count in the wordpress gravity forms interface down by over 5000! Don't know how or why - but no problem now. Could it have had something to do with the CHMOD permissions - what are they supposed to be for the gravity forms folders/files?

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday December 2, 2010 | Permalink
  15. CHMOD shouldn't have anything to do with your MySQL issues. Nobody else is reporting an issue like this, it sounds like there is something corrupt with your data in MySQL. If you have been editing/changing/deleting things manually in MySQL you could have caused some sort of problem.

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday December 2, 2010 | Permalink
  16. So it sounds like this clear views feature isn't making it into the 1.5 release either? Just checking before I do this manually. If it's coming soon I'll wait. Thanks.

Posted 13 years ago on Friday December 17, 2010 | Permalink
  17. @Sheila It actually hasn't been discussed for 1.5, but i'll bring it up and see if we can fit it in.

18. That would be AWESOME. Please let us know here when you know.

19. TymB

This would be nice to have!

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday February 1, 2011 | Permalink
  20. Clearing the forms views is not a nice-to-have, it's a must have. When developing sites the number of form views increases. When a site is put live, this needs to be reset to have conversion reflect a true rate.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday February 14, 2011 | Permalink
  21. I agree with mbootsman! My form has 174 views right now and 4 entries. I am sure 80% of those views are from me and working with my form.

Or it would be good to be able to remove my IP from being counted :)

Posted 13 years ago on Sunday February 20, 2011 | Permalink
  22. So is it safe to say we still have no way of doing this? Is it possible to maybe to into the DB and clear out those views? The only solution I see as of right now is to duplicate the form and just call that new form. It's not really all that bad to do it this way but more of a pain to have to continue to do this. I agree with @indevs that there would be a way to do some sort of exclusion based on either IP and or UserID from wordpress. Ideally you would have multiple ways to format exclusions of counts.

just my 2ยข's

Posted 13 years ago on Monday March 14, 2011 | Permalink
  23. The final release of Gravity Forms v1.5 will have a "Reset views" option added to the bulk actions drop down on the Edit Forms page. So you will be able to select one or multiple forms and reset the views using the bulk action drop down.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday March 14, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.