PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Search Entries and export results

1. egorman

Let's say my form has 100 entries.

I see that your demo would allow me to export ALL 100 entries from this form.

If I use the "search" function to find XYZ, and the results show 20 entries.

Is there a way to export those 20 entries?

...Maybe I could select these 20 entries with the check box and choose a bulk action called "Export" from the dropdown...

Is this a feature?

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday February 22, 2011 | Permalink
  2. The export functionality does not currently support search filtering, only date range filtering. You would have to export all the entries for a given data ranger and then import it into a spreadsheet app such as Excel or the like and then filter things further from there.

3. egorman

Thats what I thought the solution would be. Thank you for your quick response!

It would be great to have that function down the road. *hint hint*

Our clients are large companies that expect thousands of employment applications a month. It would be ideal if the HR rep could export application entries based on a search for one of 20 job categories. Then they could simply hand over the exported file to that department head.

As it is now, the HR rep will have to manually divide up the excel file into twenty lists in order to distribute.

Thank you for the great plugin!
    Other than not having the export search results function, we are very impressed - no more coldfusion forms! Yay!

4. We do plan on creating enhanced entry search capabilities and once we do that it will make sense to provide similar capabilities to the export entries screen. So i'm sure it is a feature we will add in a future release. Thanks!

5. egorman

Oh and it would be great to view an entry, and then email the entry to an email address...

Thanks again!

6. I need the CVS search/Filter entries export function for two big projects, i would liketo know when you think that this superb function will be added ?

Posted 13 years ago on Friday April 8, 2011 | Permalink
  7. There currently isn't a timetable for an enhanced CSV search filter. It's something we want to add but we are working on other projects at the moment.

8. Good !

Thanks Carl and congratulations for your impressive plugin !

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.