PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

search form builder

1. I think it would be a great addition for Gravity Forms to have the option of building a customised search form.

The builder would allow you to build a form with dropdowns / text field for post categories / custom post types etc which can then be used to search for particular types of posts or a general site search.

I can see it being used in many many ways and would be very useful.

Especially if you can allow multiple search boxes on a site as well. Then we can create a form for the general site search and then one for custom post types perhaps but with filtering.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday September 21, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Technically this isn't something Gravity Forms can accommodate on it's own. It could certainly be used as the front end for a search, you can actually already do that. The problem is the archive page that shows the results... that isn't something Gravity Forms does.

If you configure a search page that accepts query string parameters for the data that it returns then you can use a Gravity Form to build a search form that redirects to this page and passes the field values so the page can then display the results based on those values.

3. I was thinking it could be developed as an add-on so the plugin then can show a bespoke page for the search results then.

4. I echo this request .. I think this would be a fantastic feature and would help a lot of your users. Search within wordpress is notoriously problematic and most people switch to using google search. It would be great if the form would be able to integrate with that plugin to create a targeted search string.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday March 9, 2012 | Permalink
  5. Wow. This is an absolutely incredible idea.

Creating the ability for filtering with multiple fields and drop-downs... I would pay extra for that feature.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday March 15, 2012 | Permalink
  6. It would've fantastic if the GF developers reached out to either or both of the developers of the premium plugins called relevanssi and search unleashed to make your front end form feed and api interface to their search features all making wordpress better.

.. Something to think about hopefully.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday March 15, 2012 | Permalink