PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Send a copy of submitted message to sender when checkbox is ticked

1. I'm trying to do a thing that I see on many other forms - a checkbox which says "Send me a copy of this form". There doesn't seem to be a conditional check in the user notification options. Any idea how I can do this? Thanks

Posted 12 years ago on Monday February 27, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Bump? :(

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday February 29, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Unfortunately not at the moment. Currently notifications are active or inactive. There isn't an option to make them conditional on the user's preference.

4. Thanks for letting me know. I love all your add-ons, but I'm sure that there are lots of other Gravity Forms users who would like this 'conditional send a copy to sender' feature too. Can you let the developers know, or how can I submit a formal feature request?

5. I'll move this thread into the Feature Requests forum now. Thanks for the feedback!

6. GZA

Great idea! I'm surprised this isn't a core feature.

7. DanaLookadoo

I'm looking for the same functionality as a new Gravity Forms user. Please enable the CC availability/option.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday May 30, 2012 | Permalink
  8. kennethfeldman

+1 for this feature.

Seems like the hooks are all already there to add this.

As a user of any form, I really love the ability to CC myself, as I get a record of the contact attempt.

I know that GF has the ability to send an auto-reply to the sender, which would achieve the same end result -- but that would come as a surprise after the fact.

Just my 2ยข...

ADDED:

For now, I will just add a short message below my form, indicating that a copy will be sent to the sender automatically.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday July 15, 2012 | Permalink
  9. Joe T

+1

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday August 11, 2012 | Permalink
  10. I recently posted code to accomplish this if the feature is still missing from Gravity Forms when you read this.

http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/checkbox-on-form-for-confirmation-email?replies=2#post-116981

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday January 8, 2013 | Permalink