PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Send admin notification to logged in user

1. Hi,
    I'm wondering, Is it possible (using the user registration plugin) to send the admin notification to the logged in user, in addition to the standard admin email?

I have not been able to find any threads that answer this question directly.

Thank you, much appreciated.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday November 27, 2012 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

I guess I would need more information to understand what you need. There is a user notification option as well that you can activate so that users get an e-mail relating to their form submission.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday November 28, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Right, sorry for the bad explanation.
    So i know There is an admin notification and a user notification, and I am currently using both.

As we know the admin notification sends to the admin of the website and the user notification sends to an email address entered in the form. What I'm trying to do is maintain this functionality, however, also send the admin notification to the logged in user. So they temporarily act as the main site admin while they are logged in.

We will have multiple users logging in who act as dealers. These dealers are creating proposals based on info entered into the form which is sent to their customers who receive a different notification with much less info then what is sent to the admin. So that uses up both notifications that gforms provides.

Ideally, we would like that if a dealer is logged in, they can fill in the form, send the normal customer notification to the email they enter as a customer, but also receive the admin notification, based on the address they logged in with.

Currently, the admin email will only send to the admin address entered in wp.

I hope this makes sense!
    Thanks for the help

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday November 28, 2012 | Permalink
  4. Hi,
    To simplify exactly what I am looking for:
    All I would like to do is use a shortcode in the "TO" field of an admin notification in addition to the default admin shortcode.

I did find a thread that explained doing something similar with a custom field, however, it does not work with admin notifications.

The shortcode I used looks like {custom_field:My Custom Field Name}. But I cant place this into the "TO" field of the admin notification am I correct? Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Posted 11 years ago on Friday November 30, 2012 | Permalink
  5. All good,
    Finally figured this out thanks to this article, and all the related ones!
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/routing-notifications-to-a-custom-field#post-68845

Cheers

6. David Peralty

I'm glad you figured it out. I'm sorry I didn't get back to you to help more. I am moving this week and it slipped through the cracks. Though, I always am amazed at how great our users are in finding solutions.