PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Send Notification URL vs. configuring on PayPal

1. I have two sites, one PayPal account, need each site to have it's own notification URL.

According to the PayPal IPN Guide (page 25), the listener URL can be sent from the site, which is what I need. The dynamic listener will override the one set when IPN was turned on (my other site).

It looks to me like GF is sending the listener URL to PayPal on line 1637 as part of the URL

Am I reading this correctly? (I'm *not* a programmer!)

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday September 13, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Gravity Forms IS sending PayPal it's IPN listener URL.

So if you have already configured a PayPal IPN URL in your PayPal account settings, there is no need to change it. Gravity Forms will send it.

The reason why you have to populate the PayPal IPN URL in your PayPal account settings is ONLY when there isn't currently a value there. IPN doesn't work unless that field is populated. It's silly. They don't have some sort of checkbox to enable IPN. Adding the URL is what enables it.

So it's only necessary to do when there isn't already a URL populated in that field.

3. Great! I wasn't sure, but I thought that's what the code was doing. Thanks for your prompt, thorough reply!

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.