PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Sending attachments with confirmation email?

1. Is it possible to send an attachment with a confirmation email in Gravity Forms? This would be a great feature, and would negate having to code/build a seperate feature... I'm just trying to capture a name and email address, and in return send out a PDF file...

I don't really want all of these people to register in WP...

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday July 7, 2011 | Permalink
  2. No. Gravity Forms doesn't currently support file attachments on notification emails. You would have to do include a link to a file in the email message to distribute your PDF.

3. Really sorry, I have now found another post thread, which seems to suggest that attachments build into form replies are on your roadmap for this year? Great news :)

4. Yes. That's something that's on the short list. We're hammering out new features, enhancements, etc. as quickly as we can so keep an eye out for it.

5. But how do you include a link in your user notification/confirmation email? I've been reading documentation, looking at your support area, and studying external sites for HOURS.

I know this must be a simple thing to do, but I don't see a way to use HTML or to embed a .pdf or other file into this email. Until I hear from you, I'll just send my user responses out manually.

Thanks for any help!

Susan

Posted 12 years ago on Monday August 15, 2011 | Permalink
  6. If your PDF is always the same, you can just add the link to it in the user email notification. You can use HTML there. Just insert it after your {all_fields} tag if you're using that, or in a hand-crafted message.

Screenshot: http://minus.com/menX9CE

There is no way to embed a PDF into an email. You can attach a PDF to an email (from your email client) but not from Gravity Forms.

7. Very helpful, thank you, Chris!!!! I didn't realize we could do that (use HTML).

8. Sure thing. You can put (almost) anything you want in there.

If you want, you can check the "Disable Auto-formatting" box, then insert all your own HTML and merge fields into a hand-crafted email notification to the user. The {all_fields} helper just loops through all the submitted values and sends out a nice looking default email.

9. sciamannikoo

Not even with some API or hacking?
    I really need to send a couple of attachments along with the email confirmation, and the link is not really a good option for my client.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday October 13, 2011 | Permalink
  10. You can do anything you want with some hacking. You could turn off the default notifications and then use the gform_pre_submission hook to run your custom code to send your own notification. You could craft a notification email, with attachments, and then use something like PHPMailer to send it out. The hooks are already present in Gravity Forms.

There are other notification specific hooks as well, but I was looking for something generic that runs at the proper time, so you can run your custom code. All the hooks are documented here:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Developer_Docs

11. If you need assistance with anything else, please start a new support topic in the regular support forum, rather than feature request. Thanks

12. sciamannikoo

Ok: I've found this post from Google and didn't notice I was in the wrong place.
    Anyway I was about to post a feature request anyway.

I think adding specific hook for email notification, in order to add attachments is better, rather than asking users to rewrite the whole notification system, only because we can't add attachments.

My opinion is not lead by laziness, but just by logic: I'm quite a fun of the DRY principle.

Thanks.

13. Thank you for your suggestions.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.