PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Sidebar moves after a vote is submitted in poll.

1. I've just discovered the Poll add-on & am very excited to use it. However I am experiencing a formatting issue. When I click "show results" prior to submitting a vote into the poll, the poll results show up and the formatting remains in tact. However, when I submit a vote, and then the page redirects to the poll results, the sidebar drops down to the bottom of the page.

I tried switching to the 2010 theme, and the same thing happens.

The URL to look at is: http://bucks.happeningmag.com/happeninglist/frozen-treats-2013/
    Site is under development.

Many thanks in advance!

Posted 11 years ago on Monday December 17, 2012 | Permalink
  2. We won't be able to help you until we can see the page. It was requiring a log in when I tried to look at it just now.

There have been a couple reports of similar layout issues, and we've been working with a couple individuals, but we will need to see your site and see what the specific issue is there. Please let us know when we can access to page.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday December 18, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Sorry about that! Fixed.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday December 18, 2012 | Permalink
  4. I took a look at the page. Before submitting the poll or checking results, I see this invalid HTML in the source:

</head>
    <div id="container">

<body class="wordpress ltr en_US parent-theme y2012 m12 d19 h07 wednesday logged-out singular singular-post singular-post-1686 layout-2c-l">

You can't have a div outside the body. Please ensure the page is valid HTML before we begin looking at how the poll might affect your layout. (you can ignore the warnings about the meta tags being invalid: those are not hurting the layout.)

http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fbucks.happeningmag.com%2Fhappeninglist%2Ffrozen-treats-2013%2F

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday December 19, 2012 | Permalink
  5. Thanks for replying. I moved "<div id="container">" inside the body tag, but that did not fix it. I will take a look at the validator output.

6. Also, for what it's worth, I did try it with WP 2010 theme, like I said. I had the same issue.

7. OK, I cleaned out a lot of those errors. The issue is still happening. Would greatly appreciate help!

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday December 20, 2012 | Permalink
  8. I will bring this to the attention of the developer of the polls add-on. For the time being, can you please enter this in the form confirmation settings? It looks like you are not using a confirmation message, which is fine, but it looks like the div is being opened and not closed. Please add this as the confirmation message:

[html]
    </div>

See if that fixes the layout problem and I will talk with the developer for a proper fix.

Also, please be sure you are using the latest 1.2 version. Thank you.

9. I have a new version of the plugin which contains a fix for this problem. If you would like a copy before it's released, please send an email to chris@rocketgenius.com - thank you.

10. Weird. Yes, I was using a confirmation message. But I added that div and now the problem is fixed! I emailed you - I'd greatly appreciate the fixed plugin. Thanks for your help!

11. I sent a copy of the latest unreleased version to you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.