PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Simple Feedback on side of browser

1. I am pretty sure this has been asked before but I didn't find it. I would like to add a Feedback button on the side of the browser that you click and it slides out to be a form. I am pretty sure this is easy but I could use some guidance.

This is something seen on a lot of sites and there is a plugin but I wanted to use my Gravity Forms... :)

Here is an example plugin. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/slick-contact-forms/screenshots/

Thanks!

-Saul

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday November 23, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Hi Saul,

Using the gravity_form() function, you can add a Gravity Form anywhere on your website. The trick will be to find a simple script that provides the "slide" functionality. When implementing the script, instead of adding manual content to the slide you would call the gravity_form() function.

If you get a start and run into issues, we'd be happy to offer additional advice. :)

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday November 23, 2011 | Permalink
  3. imarket

I would love to have something like this too but I am not savvy enough to do it without help, can I please get a simple guide?

Posted 12 years ago on Friday December 2, 2011 | Permalink
  4. If we had a tutorial or how to on this we'd be glad to provide it but there isn't really a way to provide a quick or simple guide for this. David gave a simple rundown of what you would have to do to implement something like this.

You would have to find an existing jQuery script that let's you do this type of functionality that supports displaying any content as part of the script. Then where the content goes, you would use the function call method to display the Gravity Forms you want to display.

I'm not familiar with these types of scripts to give a recommendation on which one would be good to use. Documentation for the function call to display a form anywhere in your theme template files can be found here:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Embedding_A_Form#Function_Call

When using the function call to display the form you also need to use the enqueue function call to make sure the scripts and CSS for that form are output properly by adding it to your themes functions.php file here. That enqueue function is discussed in the documentation above and links to a page specific to how to use that function.

This type of functionality is something we'd like to create an add-on for in the future.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday December 2, 2011 | Permalink
  5. Sliding out forms are really fun to use, and very intuitive as well. I urge Gravity Form to roll this out as soon as possible as this saves alot of space on a website.

Gravity Form has spent alot of time on the form itself, no doubt, but other than a very editable form with great features, it would have a bigger selling point if I did not have to install a feedback sliding form which I bought from CodeCanyon.

Carry on the good work!

Posted 12 years ago on Monday December 12, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.