PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Single form to post in different site depending on the field value

1. sriganesh

Is there a possibility to use a single form to make posts in a multisite WP setup, to submit the post to a particular site depending on a field value.

I am planning to move my site to multiple subdomains based on cities.
    city1.primarydomain.com
    city2.primarydomain.com
    etc

Users would submit a post through a form (from primarydomain.com) and would choose which city that post belongs to, and I need the form to post on that particular city site, based on the value on "city" field.

I know there is a possibility to have different forms for different cities and have a drop down menu to let user select the city and correspondingly show that form, but I guess it would be difficult to change each and every form if there is any update to be done.

I am sorry if this has been answered before, I tried searching the forums but couldn't find any related threads. And I am planning to upgrade to developer license based on this. Thanks

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday March 2, 2011 | Permalink
  2. This isn't a built in feature. Currently it only creates the post on the site that the form was submitted from.

It would be possible to change this functionality via a customization but you would have to be familiar with how WordPress stores data in Network/Multi-Site mode in order to implement a customization like this.

There are available API hooks to do this, but this is specialized functionality so you would have to write some custom code to make it do what you want it to do.

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday March 2, 2011 | Permalink