PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

something like gform_post_submission after step1 of a form?

1. ab

Is there a gform_post_submission Per Each Form Step?

This template tag is cool, but only runs at the very submit of the entire form.

add_action("gform_post_submission", "my_complete_form_submission", 10, 2);

Is there something else like gform_post_submission where you can run something right after step1 or a different step of a form?

As an example lets say you have a form with 4 steps, and you want to basically save this partial data at the submit of step1..... or maybe you want to take everything and save it after step2?

Its good to store this data incase the form was not completed.

Hopefully I have just overlooked code for this and someone could help me here. :)

Posted 12 years ago on Friday September 23, 2011 | Permalink
  2. The form isn't really submitted until the final page in a form is submitted. So gform_post_submission is only going to fire then because it fires when the form is submitted.

So no, there isn't any hook to save partial data. You wouldn't have anywhere to store it because Gravity Forms doesn't partially store data.

The only way to do this is to store the data in cookies via Javascript that is triggered when the form page changes and then use Javascript to write a cookie and then use hooks to populate fields with the value of that cookie.

This Javascript hook fires on each page change:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Gform_page_loaded

Posted 12 years ago on Friday September 23, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.