PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Spin Buttons?

1. Does GF include Spin Buttons as well as the ability to set a minimum and maximum for each instance of a spin button?

I am trying to setup a very simple "Get a Quote" form and I want to use spin buttons to allow users to set the quantity of each product they want to buy. Because the products are rentals, there's only so many of each, which is why I need to be able to set a max for each product's corresponding spin button. Thanks!

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday February 14, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Nope, "spin buttons" aren't a standard form field type. You may be able to use a jQuery script like this one to enable that kind of functionality though.

http://www.egrappler.com/jquery-spin-button-plugin-smart-spin/

It's not something I have tested per se, but looks like it could be implemented with just a little customization.

3. Thanks Kevin for the super quick reply. I guess I'd be a little hesitant to get it customized by a 3rd Party as future releases of GF may or may not play nice with the addition. I was hoping it was something a part of the GF core.

As an alternative, if the quantity field was instead a text box is there a way to validate those text boxes for number only and apply a min/max that way?

Or could I use numerical dropdown lists for the quantity fields?

4. Richard Vav
    Administrator

As far as I am aware if you set the quantity field as a number type field then you can set the minimum and maximum range that you want to accept.

5. Great. That' what I needed to know. Thanks Richard.

Also, I think it maybe beneficial to have live demo examples of GF forms using pricing fields.

Thanks

6. Richard Vav
    Administrator

Actually thinking about it on the gravity forms settings page there is an option to output html5, the html5 number field does include built in spin buttons but it is dependent on an up-to-date browser being used otherwise it just displays a standard number field.

7. O wow, even better. Thanks again Richard. :)

8. Richard Vav
    Administrator

No problem, have a good day

9. Yeah, Richard is right.. the HTML 5 field does behave that way, but it depends on the browser supporting it. That's why I didn't suggest that as a real option initially. If that works well enough for you though, sounds like a plan.

10. Yep, as long as it gracefully goes back to a standard number field with the same basic functionality as the spin box, that will more than suffice.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.