PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Structure and Add Content

1. twessel

I'm interested in creating a form that has some structure when submitting to a form. Image on the left, description or text on the right. Can this be done so it's a no brainier for front-end users ? Also, is there a way to have the users select to add another step or another image on the left and a description on the right field, with a click of the button? Another-words, step 1, then a step 2 if needed...user decides? Thanks.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday September 22, 2011 | Permalink
  2. When you say front end users, do you mean visitors to your site or people who are creating forms on your site?

If you mean making it easy for visitors to your site who might use your form, you can customize the presentation of the information and form fields however you like.

This documentation is very helpful in figuring out how to adjust the look of your form:
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Design_and_Layout

You can use conditional logic to allow visitors to continue to the rest of the form. I'm unclear of how you would use this. I'm not sure if you're talking about people creating forms (administrators) or visitors who are submitting entries. Please share more information and we'll be able to help you.

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday September 24, 2011 | Permalink
  3. twessel

Sorry for not being more clear. This would be for the visitors to the site.

Again, if the form included two fields (picture, paragraph) could the visitor click on an "ADD" or "STEP 2" button to add another cluster of fields (picture, paragraph) before submitting the form? Sort of like what http://www.instructables.com/ does on their site. Thanks.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday September 26, 2011 | Permalink
  4. twessel

Any one else have an idea for me? Thanks.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday September 29, 2011 | Permalink
  5. Sorry, had to go sign up for the instructables.com site to see what you were talking about. No, you can't currently add new groups of fields on the fly like they do. You could create a pre-defined number of steps ( say up to 10 ) in your form - each divided by a section break and then use the conditional logic to show or hide the "step sections" based on the value of a drop down, checkbox or radio list.

For example, they would first be presented with a drop down to select how many steps. The select from a pre-defined number and then the conditional logic would display that many steps in the form while the others remained hidden.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday September 29, 2011 | Permalink
  6. twessel

I think that might work. I'll give it a try. I appreciate you taking the time to help. -Schwooba

Posted 12 years ago on Friday September 30, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.