PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Stupid Email Routing Question

1. I cannot find this in the docs so figured I would ask here.

When using "Routing" (Allows notification to be sent to different email addresses depending on values selected in the form.) does it send to ALL the addresses with matching criteria or does it go down the list in order and send to the first match and stop looking for more matches?

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday January 17, 2013 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

I am not sure which it does because when I use it, I only have it set for one condition on each, and haven't had to have it continue looking for more. I can ask the developers once they get in. You can have multiple e-mail addresses in one routing field as long as they are comma separated with no spaces.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday January 18, 2013 | Permalink
  3. Thanks David, I'd appreciate your checking. It will determine the feasibility of using it for an upcoming project.

To be clear, I am asking if I set up this criteria - in this order:

If Dropdown1 = Fruit - send to Supervisor
    If Dropdown2 = Apples - send to Staff1
    If Dropdown2 = Bananas - send to Staff2

Will a message where Dropdown1 is Fruit and Dropdown2 is Bananas go to Supervisor AND Staff2 or only to Supervisor?

Posted 11 years ago on Friday January 18, 2013 | Permalink
  4. I just created a form and performed this test, and when I selected Fruit for dropdown 1 and Bananas for dropdown 2, and I received email at both staff2 and supervisor. Does that answer your question?

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday January 29, 2013 | Permalink