PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Submit button inline with form fields

1. alexmessinger

I've reviewed the other posts on displaying form fields inline, but I can't get the submit button to display inline. Any advice would be most welcome. See the email signup at the bottom of the page (green background added for debugging) http://dvcco.xandradesign.com/

Posted 13 years ago on Friday September 24, 2010 | Permalink
  2. alexmessinger

Alternatively, is there a way to just put in the basic html (instead of the shortcode or function call) and have the form submit

3. This should be what you need. The rules are specific to the your form ID #1. You'll want to remove the other styles you had so they don't conflict.

/* set the form wrapper to relative so we can
    absolutely position inside of it */

#gform_wrapper_1 {position:relative; width:475px; float:right }

/* resize the label a bit so the text doesn't wrap &
    set the line height so it centers vertically with the input */

#gform_wrapper_1 gfield_label {width:32%; line-height:2}

/* set a size for the footer container, change the
    position and align it to the right of the input */

#gform_wrapper_1 .gform_footer {width:40px; height:26px position:absolute; top:-26px; right:60px;}

Test Screenshot

You may have to tweak widths, percentages, etc. further to suit your placement, but that's the general idea. Hope it helps

To answer your second question, no, you can't copy-n-paste the form HTML, it won't submit properly. It has to be displayed using either the shortcode or function call for it to work as intended.

4. alexmessinger

Brilliant! Thanks so much. This one was really stumping me.

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday September 25, 2010 | Permalink
  5. carnavat

Can anyone else make a suggestion on this. The example above had no effect on my form. I have a widget area on my site that is 358px wide. I have no other css that would overwrite gravity forms standard classes. Im using a 92 x 42 button image.. I need everything to be on the same line with the button to the right.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday March 14, 2012 | Permalink
  6. @Carnavat, did you modify the above example with your form ID, etc? If not, then it probably won't work. Also, if you don't share a URL to your form, it's really difficult to give you any specific guidance. Our crystal ball is really low on batteries so if we can actually see the form it would help out. :)

7. carnavat

Yea, my form is id 1. I cant post my form because my site has a coming soon page set up. You have to log in to see the front page. I would need to give you my user name and password directly..

here is an image of how I want the form to look. http://www.studioc5.com/clients/ccc/home2.html

8. @carnavat - since you NOW have a priority support ticket open for this, I'm closing this topic so there's no duplication of effort. We'll follow up via the priority support channel.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.