PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Survey Add on - Likert issues

1. jimmyweb

I've had the beta2 version of survey installed on a site, and been using it. I've recently realised, however, that the likert results are very problematic.

I've tried testing it, and found that for some unknown reason the results for likerts will not save every question/answer properly, so in the entry in the backend of wordpress it comes up as blank, even though it is required and has been answered.

I then turned my attention to the emails to see if they contained those missing results, only to find that the likert results on them are completely wrong. Almost none of them match what was actually entered, and it misses different answers that the backend does show.

I then noticed that Version 1.0 was out, and it was out of beta. I immediately upgraded and tried it out, only to find the exact same issue was still occurring. I tired exporting and importing the form, but still the same issue was occurring.

Is this a common problem? A known issue/conflict? Is there anything I can do to get this working 100%? I'm on a very tight deadline for a site, where likerts and 'surveys' are pretty much the core of the site.

Posted 10 years ago on Tuesday June 18, 2013 | Permalink
  2. jimmyweb

Further more, I've worked out the possible issue. it's every 10th likert row that has no result, so ie 10th, 20th, 30th etc, if it's in the same likert. I then checked my database and I can see fields that I assume are for likerts that have field_number as a float/decimal and are 1.1, 1.2 etc until it gets to 1.10 or 1.20... Those don't seem to exist.

The field is a float, shouldn't it be a decimal for better accuracy anyway?

I'm wondering if this is 100% down to GF/Surveys or it will depend from person to person based on their database settings. Can any of the dev team give me some insight or help/workarounds for this issue?

edit:

turning the field_id column into a decimal causes all to break, as it pads with 0s at the end, and standard fields don't expect floats/decimals in the first place.

I've also tried varchar(10) but for some reason this is also padded by trailing 0s, which is really odd behaviour to me.

3. jimmyweb

My testing confirms this to be a problem with Survey only, as the core GF stores a '10th' option as .11 to avoid this issue. (tested by using checkboxes, and selecting them all).

Is there a bug tracker for survey I can add this bug to?

4. Could you fill out a priority support form for me with this info or reference this forum post:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/priority-support/

Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday June 19, 2013 | Permalink
  5. jimmyweb

I filled in the form as requested, and included the code I modified in the plugin to fix it for me. Hopefully you'll have a nicer fix that I couldn't see in my rush to get it working.

Posted 10 years ago on Thursday June 20, 2013 | Permalink
  6. Handling via priority support.

Posted 10 years ago on Thursday June 20, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.