PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Survey/Quiz Options - I can sponsor this... paul dot marsden at mac dot com

1. Gravity Forms is deliciously close to becoming a brilliant survey/quiz app for academics and researchers.

As an academic - I'd be happy to sponsor a premium version that offered enhanced survey/quiz options if you can find a friendly developer todo this...

Here, in order of importance is what would be required

1. Rating Scale Field - Users rate either a single (or list of) text items or thumbnails (option to link via lightbox to multimedia content) on a 3,5,7,10 or 11 point scale. Scale options of radio buttons, stars or smileys

2. Tag Cloud Field - Users select option from a displayed tag cloud (or if enabled in set up - optionally add their own tag) tag cloud can be pre-populated in set up. Expletive filter

3. Adaptive Multiple Choice/Check Box - Just Like Multiple Choice option, but if no option is appropriate - users can suggest (add) their own in text box at base of list. Next user sees list with added element (expletive filter - mark as inappropriate option).

4. Multimedia Vote Field - as standard multiple choice field but for multimedia content - users select preferred option from a gallery of thumbnails (linked by lightbox to video/images (uploaded or via embed code)

5. Twitter Field - As Standard Paragraph Text Field, but also optionally posts entry directly to a defined Twitter account, with custom hashtag and bit.ly link (defined in set up)

6. Upload Field+ As standard upload field - but users can submit document/image/media file - and it see previewed (or at least confirm upload is there - useful for uploading entries, essays etc)

Other than that nice to haves - but not necessary for V1.

I) "Quiz Mode" whereby form gives custom right or wrong response to entries and tallies up score (useful for term assessment)
    II) Conditional Logic, if selection = A in Question 1, then display 2a underneath, if B then 2b (ideally with Ajax so no page refresh)
    III) Basic Response Piping, takes user response from earlier question and inserts it subsequent question text (ajax)

If there is a WP developer out there - who you could commission to do this integration - I'd pay for them...

Posted 14 years ago on Thursday September 17, 2009 | Permalink
  2. Anonymous
    Unregistered

This is a very useful function. In my searches, I haven't found a single worth-while quizzing plugin. We actually just need something that allows for weighted answers (i.e. a = 1, b =2, c = 4, d=3) per question and database logging.

Posted 14 years ago on Sunday September 20, 2009 | Permalink
  3. David Peralty

I too think this would be a good add-on for Gravity Forms and worth donating a bit of money towards the development of. I'd pledge a further $50 towards Rocket Genius prioritizing this as an add-on.

Posted 14 years ago on Tuesday September 22, 2009 | Permalink
  4. We do already plan on implementing some of the features above. Ratings field type and the adaptive multiple choice/checkbox capability are two of the features we are planning on adding in a future release.

Posted 14 years ago on Tuesday September 22, 2009 | Permalink
  5. Carl, great to hear some of these new options are progressing, any timeframe? And bpds, response weighting for quiz mode is smart. If money might accelerate things, I can find some end of year budget left over to invest in this $1000-$2000...

Posted 14 years ago on Thursday September 24, 2009 | Permalink
  6. gotjosh

I'll also like to know a timeframe for this :)

Posted 14 years ago on Thursday October 1, 2009 | Permalink
  7. I need something like this too... I need to create forms that help patients make decisions on treatment which treatment best suits them... similiar to this here - http://www.davita.com/treatmentevaluator/

Is that doable with GravityForms?

Posted 14 years ago on Monday November 9, 2009 | Permalink
  8. pbwayman

A way to do a good survey would be really great!

Posted 14 years ago on Friday November 20, 2009 | Permalink
  9. tudorbob

As far as I have seen, GF comes the closest to providing a good elearning solution for wordpress. I am very interested in further development of this side of GF.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday July 5, 2010 | Permalink
  10. wesleyshaw

I'm going to throw my ticket into this hat, too, and say that this set of functions would be spectacularly useful as I try to steer users towards better decisions.

Posted 13 years ago on Friday August 27, 2010 | Permalink
  11. I can't understand that no answer is given for almost a year when someone says he can sponsor those features with $1.000 - $2.000 ... :|

Maybe Gravity staff surprise us with all the features implemented in next release :D

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday September 9, 2010 | Permalink
  12. Jamie

I would also be interested in a quiz scoring add-on.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday February 8, 2011 | Permalink
  13. I'm also trying to build an LMS around wordpress + gravity forms, so:
    Throwing in my ticket and willingness to pay extra for quiz score tallying, I would love to be able to use GF to set up a rubric and keep track - like a form of forms.

Till then I guess the old fashioned way will have to work!

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday March 9, 2011 | Permalink
  14. Cottage_Design

Have any of you who posted above found another solution to your testing/scoring needs? I can't find anything that works as well as GF + this functionality would. I'm disappointed to see that Gravity Forms hasn't worked this into the last year's worth updates — especially with willing sponsors.

If you found someone to custom code it for you, would you mind sharing your solution or that individual's contact info?

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday May 5, 2011 | Permalink
  15. bandolero

4. Multimedia Vote Field - as standard multiple choice field but for multimedia content - users select preferred option from a gallery of thumbnails (linked by lightbox to video/images (uploaded or via embed code)

I'd chip in as well for this - something I need right now and I'm struggling to make happen.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday May 9, 2011 | Permalink
  16. Cottage_Design

As an update to my post on May 5, I've decided to use WordPress Simple Survey — Extended ($50). It will do everything my client needs, and do it now.

Here's hoping that GF keeps listening to this request and works it into an update, soon!

17. +1

Any updates on this? Is there a possibility they are going to make Survey/Quiz add-on?

I am pretty good at WordPress stuff and experienced web developer. I am working on one project where I would like to implement GF as the survey form. I have to do some customization for this to make it works as expected. My suggestion is that I am going to do this anyway so I can provide it as GF add-on. What do you think?

I created this short survey to know how many people are interested and what money I can expect for my effort: http://johnnypea.polldaddy.com/s/survey-quiz-gravity-forms-add-on

If there is a big demand on this I can start working on it in one week time!

18. +1. Seems like a lot of people are asking for this throughout the forum and the admins are working their butts off to build special cases for each individual.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday November 18, 2011 | Permalink