PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Syncing Product, Options and Total Field

1. Hello,

I'm creating a program registration form for a training where it costs $150 per child, per session or $250 per child and parent per session.

When I choose the child only product the price of $150 shows up automatically, but when I go to choose the session date it adds an additional $150 and the total shows up as $300 for one child for one session. Somehow I need to be able to have the charge and total show up only when the session dates are selected....if that makes any sense. Please help!

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday August 4, 2011 | Permalink
  2. This is going to be all in how you are using the fields. If the session is $150 per session then the Option Field for Session needs to add $150 for each one selected and the field where they select the product needs to have a price of $0.00. The product is going to add a price if it has a price.

If you've configured the Product to have a price and the Option to have a price, then both of them are going to be applied if they are selected. So you have to configure your fields to get the result that you want.

3. Ok thanks! I didn't realize you could set the product to $0.00. I decided to just add a quantity option to the product and sessions are not attached to the pricing.

Also, I noticed that the form itself has an option to close on a certain date, but do you also have the option to close certain products when it gets to it's maximum registrations?

4. No, you can only schedule the form. You can't schedule fields or products within product fields. It's not currently a feature. The functionality is intended for simple order forms, anything more complex may require customizations or the use of a more complex shopping cart system.