PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

There was an error processing your credit card.

1. I'm using the Authorize.net add-on for my client's website on two pages.

https://www.rccaconcerts.org/donate-now/
    https://www.rccaconcerts.org/season-membership/

SSL is all set and the API Login ID and Transaction Key give me the green checkmarks. But whenever I try to submit a transaction I get, "There was an error processing your credit card. Please verify the information and try again." in the credit card field. I set up a test form, thinking maybe it was my form, but get the same error on my test form. I've tried test credit card numbers and get the same error. I contacted AuthNet's chat support. They say it's not hitting Authorize.net. Suggestions?

Posted 11 years ago on Monday January 14, 2013 | Permalink
  2. If you check the source of the page when it returns with an error, you should see an error code or reason code. I tried a test submission and I see this error code:

<!-- Error: 33 -->

From authorize.net documentation:

FIELD cannot be left blank.

The word FIELD will be replaced by an actual field name. This error indicates that a field the merchant specified as required was not filled in.

Sounds like you have a required field at Authorize.net that is not being sent by your Gravity Form?

Posted 11 years ago on Monday January 14, 2013 | Permalink
  3. According to Authorize.net, the <!-- Error: 33 --> error is part of a full response string. Their support tells me that my software (Gravity Forms) is converting the long string into this short error. They tell me that this full string would tell me which field is blank. How can I see that full string in Gravity Forms?

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday January 15, 2013 | Permalink
  4. I have a logging add-on which we use internally which can help you debug this issue. Please send me an email at chris@rocketgenius.com and I will send it to you.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday January 15, 2013 | Permalink
  5. Thanks for your help, Chris. Installed the Gravity Forms Logging add-on and was able then to see the full error string that Authorize.net passes back. It showed that the phone number was the empty field. Weird, since there is a required phone number field on my form, but for whatever reason Authorize.net did not see it. In my Authorize.net merchant control panel under Account--Payment Form--Form Fields, I can select which fields are required by AuthNet. I deselected Phone, and boom, it worked.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday January 16, 2013 | Permalink
  6. Thank you for that update. I'm glad the logging add-on was able to help.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday January 16, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.