PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Total Price Based on Quantity = (Product + Shipping) x Quantity

1. ScottSakamoto

Apologies in advance for asking a common question = been searching the forum for a couple of hours and still scratching my head.

Form Page:
    http://www.roninstudiossandbox.com/2Clutch/test/

I'm doing something incorrect so that "my" form doesn't calculate a Total based on Quantity entered.

Help! = What am I doing wrong = Thank you!

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday June 2, 2012 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

I put the number 6 in and got $6.05 immediately. Should it say something else? Have you already corrected this on your own?

Posted 11 years ago on Monday June 4, 2012 | Permalink
  3. ScottSakamoto

Yes, but the shipping "Total" doesn't increase.

It's supposed to be (Product + Shipping) x Quantity = Total $ (to include shipping)

In your "Example" the Total should have been "$6.30".

Thank you

4. David Peralty

Can you tell me more about how you have this set-up in your back-end? Currently, it is doing (Product x Quantity) + Shipping and you have shipping set to five cents.

5. ScottSakamoto

We'll I'm obviously doing something incorrect.

Could you please tell me how to:
    (Product + Shipping) x Quantity = $ Total

6. ScottSakamoto

Here's a detailed pdf file of the screen capture of the 4 different Form Fields:
    http://www.roninstudiossandbox.com/2Clutch/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/GF_Process.pdf

1 - Product
    2 - Shipping
    3 - Quantity
    4 - Total

Now how to figure out how to make this work like it should = Thank you!

7. David Peralty

It is working how it should. By default, it is set to add a flat rate shipping cost, and not a per product/per quantity style shipping. I am going to see if I can get this working for you, and will respond further as soon as I can.

8. ScottSakamoto

Awesome David = Thank You!

Looking forward to hearing back from you

9. You would accomplish this using a Product Field instead of a Shipping Field to handle your Shipping using the Calculation functionality available to the Product Field.

- Add a Product Field to your form
    - Edit this new Product Field
    - Select "Calculation" from the field type
    - Give it a Field Label of "Shipping" or however you want to refer to it
    - In the formula for the calculation, configure the necessary formula to calculate the cost. You would multiple the quantity of the product field using the available merge tags by the shipping cost you want to apply.
    - See this screenshot:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/185347/Slingshot/Pictures/Screen%20Shot%202012-06-04%20at%2012.04.27%20PM.png

I have created an example form and exported it to XML. You can download the XML here (download link will appear in top right to download the actual file):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2xmyv7gou8t56b2/quantity-based-shipping-example-form.xml

Go to Import/Export in Gravity Forms, select Import forms and import this XML file. You can then edit and preview this example form that shows how to do this using calculations.

Just keep in mind the formula is going to be form specific as it uses merge tags and merge tags are form specific. You will need to adjust your formula as needed to suit your needs.

10. I know this is 5 months too late, but this is just to share my solution to this issue.

I just added an option section (with 1 option) to add the shipping charges. This way you can add different shipping charges (ie international ) to your product as well.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday November 8, 2012 | Permalink
  11. Thank you for posting your solution. I'm sure it will help someone who wants to do the same thing.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday November 8, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.