PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Unable to create a grid price field

1. matsilva

Is there now available way to display radio buttons in 1 field as a grid with an extra label left aligned to each row?

Simple like this - http://i49.tinypic.com/2afbwqh.png

I understand you guys have this option for styling - http://www.rocketgenius.com/survery-style-multiple-choice-fields-with-gravity-forms/

However that is a single row and doesn't allow you to add a label outside of the row if you have more than 1 row in the radio button field itself.

What I am hoping Gravity Forms can do use your CSS ready styles for creating 3 or 4 columns in the same radio button field but have some sort of ability to add a label outside of the rows it creates.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday October 31, 2012 | Permalink
  2. To make it look like your screenshot, each group of 4 prices would need to be one group of radio buttons, so 8x10" is one group of 4 buttons, 11"x14" is another group of 4 buttons, etc. Will that work for you or do all the radio buttons need to be one field, with a label to the left after each group of 4 buttons?

3. matsilva

That is what I have done and actually I am using an Options field (using the PayPal Pro add-on) with checkboxes for each row because I can't seem to find a way to display an extra row label for each if it is just one. This can be tedious when you have a lot. Whereas the bulk feature cuts this down into seconds.

It would be convenient to have it in one radio button or check box group due to adding so many price elements but more importantly to stop the user from being able to click on more than one option in a row.

With 1 field they can only chose 1 options. With rows of field groups any person could choose an option in each row.

4. Does your work around work for now?

5. matsilva

Sorta kinda but not really because you can still check more than one checkbox once the list of rows displays in the form.

I know there is a snippet for allowing a specific # of checkboxes to be "checked" but that is only for each field ID and not globally for all check box elements in this kind of setup.

6. Were you able to find a work around for this?

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday November 7, 2012 | Permalink
  7. matsilva

Yes I was able to with some help from Alex. Thank you.

8. Thanks for the update.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.