PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Unable to make forms

1. adityaaguptaa

I just bought the plugin to install on another website of mine, but I'm unable to make a new form. here's what I see - http://i.imgur.com/NsrjA.png
    Running on wordpress 3.4.2

Posted 11 years ago on Friday September 14, 2012 | Permalink
  2. I see the screenshot. But what happens on that page when you try to make a form? Does something not work? Are there any errors displayed? Have you already begun troubleshooting by checking for theme and plugin conflicts? http://rkt.gs/testing

3. adityaaguptaa

There's a conflict with WP Facebook Open Graph protocol plugins latest version update which came today. Is there any way to get this sorted? both the plugin are equally important to have :(

4. Can you post a link to your site please? Maybe we can spot the conflict.

5. I am having this exact same issue. With the WP Facebook Open Graph plugin activated, I'm unable to create new forms or edit existing ones. There are no visible errors to be seen, but clicking on the form elements to add them does nothing at all.

My site is at http://www.zenologue.com

I deactivated the WP Facebook Open Graph plugin and the Gravity Forms plugin started working again, so there must be a conflict somewhere between the two plugins.

I have Gravity Forms 1.6.7 and WP Facebook Open Graph 2.0.5 on WordPress 3.4.2

Thanks

Nigel

6. adityaaguptaa

Yeah Nigel. How did you solve this issue?

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday September 15, 2012 | Permalink
  7. @NIgel, it seems to be working now for this Gravity Form, so I am guessing you have the WP Facebook Open Graph plugin deactivated: http://www.zenologue.com/blog/get-in-touch/

We will need the URL of a page with a form in it, which does not work because the WP Facebook Open Graph plugin is active. At that point we might be able to see the error(s) and help resolve the conflict. For now, not using the conflicting plugin is the only solution. I would contact the author of the WP Facebook Social Graph plugin and let him know of your experience. Maybe he has a fix for it.

8. @Chris - It's not the forms displayed on pages or posts that aren't working - it's the ability to create forms within the admin area itself that's broken.

When I try to create a new form, or edit an existing one, when I click on a form element to add it to the form, nothing happens, not even an error message.

Will try to contact the author of the other plugin too, but I hope this doesn't turn into a "it's not me, it's them" fight :-)

9. If you want me to take a look at the wp-admin, for JavaScript conflicts, please send a WordPress administrator login to chris@rocketgenius.com and I will take a look. If Gravity Forms does not work with the Facebook Open Graph plugin is active, it's possible that plugin is loading their scripts on all admin pages, not just their own specific pages. That will prevent Gravity Forms from working in some cases. You can check the source of a Gravity Forms admin page to see if this is the case. Look for scripts being loaded from the WP Facebook Open Graph directory (wp-facebook-open-graph-protocol).

I'll be happy to take a look for you.

10. Thanks Chris

I also got in touch with Chuck Reynolds (who created the WP Facebook Open Graph plugin) and he's aware of the problem, so he'll be looking into it too.

I checked the page source on the Gravity Forms admin page for creating a new form, but couldn't see any scripts from the FB plugin on there, so not sure where the conflict is arising. Hopefully, Chuck will know once he has a chance to look at things.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday September 16, 2012 | Permalink
  11. Please keep us posted. Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this quickly so you can use both plugins at the same time.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday September 16, 2012 | Permalink
  12. Thanks, Chris - I just noticed that there was a new version of Gravity Forms released today - v. 1.6.7 - does that have anything to do with this issue at all?

I also noticed that the WP Facebook Open Graph plugin causes the SlideDeck 2 plugin to stop working as well... Oh boy :-)

Posted 11 years ago on Monday September 17, 2012 | Permalink
  13. The release of 1.6.7 was to work around some problems with one certain theme provider. It did not have anything to do with your plugin conflict.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday September 18, 2012 | Permalink
  14. Hi guys,

I updated today both WP facebook open graph plugin (2.0.5) and gravityforms (1.6.7) and I am experiencing the same conflict with forms editing. Since I deactivated the fb plugin it's kinda working but I still having an issue with the confirmation page redirection after send, it simple doesn't redirect, gets stuck on the ajax circle loader gif after I click send. my website http://www.smaato.com/contacts

Any idea? Thx

15. The CAPTCHA is not compatible with AJAX. Please turn off AJAX on this form or remove the CAPTCHA and it should work. It's documented on this page: http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/ReCAPTCHA

I don't see any other JavaScript conflicts at this time.

There is still a conflict with the Facebook Open Graph plugin, but you have deactivated that for now.

16. Craig

Hi I have just renewed my developer license and I'm having the same problem with both "Open Graph protocol" and "Gravity Form" plugins... for now I've just disabled "Open Graph protocol" to keep the forms working...

However I really need "Open Graph protocol" to work injunction with Gravity Forms, both are key to a number of my websites success. Any timeline for a fix?

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday September 20, 2012 | Permalink
  17. Suzanne

FYI the developer for the FB Open Graph plug-in has reverted his code due to the issues it caused. Here's the statement in his change log:

"The changes we made to fix the dollar sign in title problem caused big problems in wp admin. rolling back for now while we plan and recode a lot of the plugin w/ norcross for a bigger update. Just don't use dollar signs for now in titles. sorry. standby."

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday September 25, 2012 | Permalink
  18. Thanks for the update Suzanne.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday September 26, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.