PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Update of Gravity Forms causes Failure of User Addon

1. I'm currently using WordPress 3.2.1, BuddyPress 1.5.1, with Gravity Forms 1.5.3 and User Registration Add-On 1.2.9.

I noticed recently that there was an update for these (GF 1.6 and URAO 1.2.11) and without thinking about it updated them. This caused user-registration to fail. The form still loads, you can click through everything, it'll come up with the message telling you that it registered you, wait for an email... but it doesn't actually do any of that. No email is sent, no user is registered.

I have reverted back to GF 1.5.3 and URAO 1.2.9, which works fine. What changed between these versions to cause this behavior?

Posted 12 years ago on Monday November 7, 2011 | Permalink
  2. mike

Same problem here, WP 3.2.1, GF 1.6.1, URAO 1.2.11

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday November 8, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Hi Guys,

I've sent you both emails with an update that should resolve this issue. Let me know if it does not. :)

4. The email attachment update did not solve the problem. I tested it with the same platform above, with the following GF scenarios:

GF 1.5.3 and URAO 1.2.9 -> Works
    GF 1.5.3 and URAO 1.2.11 -> Fails
    GF 1.5.3 and URAO 1.2.12 -> Fails
    GF 1.6.1 and URAO 1.2.9 -> Works
    GF 1.6.1 and URAO 1.2.12 -> Fails

Some change in URAO 1.2.9 and current revisions then is apparently causing the problem. Initially I just retrograded both of them as a conservative measure, but testing with GF 1.6.1 and URAO 1.2.9 is working so I will use that combination for now.

5. Hi Aethernavale,

I'm having some difficulty recreating this issue. I'm glad you've found a working combination; however, would you mind letting me troubleshoot the issue you're having with UR 1.2.12 on your site?

If possible, send a WP login and FTP information to david@rocketgenius.com.

6. Mm, that's not necessary David. Occasionally I prove to be capable when putting forth effort. Comparing 1.2.12 to 1.2.9, there are only 8 differences found with WinMerge. Going line by line and changing as necessary, I have isolated the issue here:

Line 1754
    Version 1.2.12 code:
    $field_value = RGFormsModel::get_lead_field_value($entry, $field);
    Version 1.2.9 code:
    $field_value = RGFormsModel::get_field_value($field, array());

Replacing the 1.2.12 code with the 1.2.9 code allows user registration again. I am not a coder however so I don't understand why this works, I just know that it does.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday November 9, 2011 | Permalink
  7. Hi Aethernavale,

Thanks for helping us narrow down the issue. It looks like the $entry object was not being passed correctly with the function that checks if the registration condition was met. I've updated the plugin and sent you a fresh copy. Let me know if the issue persists.

8. David, the new version sent by email functions properly.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.