PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Upload Field for files other then IMAGE to Posts

1. Raoni

Hi,

I know that I have a Upload Image to Post when creating a form.

I have a form that creates a new post. This form has Title, Body and I would like to Upload a pdf, docx or any other file to the Post Gallery (just like the Post Image Field does).

I Know we have a Upload File Field to use with Custom Fields, but this way the FILE does not go to the Media Gallery of the Post Created.........and that's what I need....

Any Help, please!???

Thanksss!!!

Posted 11 years ago on Friday September 28, 2012 | Permalink
  2. I realize this is 5 months old and no one ever responded to the Op but.... I am running into this same issue as well. I have a form that let's a user submit a draft post. The form has a file upload field which is attached to a custom field via gforms. The file loads and I can see it on the server but it does not actually get attached to that post and is not visible in the WordPress media page.

Any thoughts on how to make it create an actual attachment or at least show up as a file in the Media page?

Posted 11 years ago on Friday March 1, 2013 | Permalink
  3. Christian, the image will be uploaded and stored in wp-content/uploads/gravity_forms/ folder by form ID. It is not added to the media gallery. It's not attached to the post. But you can use it in the post if you want to, but using the WordPress function get_post_meta: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_post_meta

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday March 5, 2013 | Permalink