PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Uploaded image file from iphone alters orientation

1. Recently I've been loving how well Gravity Forms has been working with receiving data from iPhone etc, and how you're able to use the choose file tool to upload an image from the iphone - but for some reason every time you upload one it makes it landscape orientation. For example:

http://brownbox.net.au/clients/onewiththem/wp-content/uploads/gravity_forms/2-f682c15b3337050911de661a36e62692/2012/09/image5.jpg

So I was wondering if this is a Gravity forms thing, or an iPhone thing - or perhaps if there is a way to detect what the source of the image is - therefore if iPhone I could rotate it dynamically with PHP.

Thanks for the help!

Ben

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday September 27, 2012 | Permalink
  2. I've just run into this issue now and need to find a solution.

I've got a form with an image input, this then creates a post with a re-sized image in.
    When a user uploads a portrait image from an iPhone, it comes into the system as a landscape image. I believe this is due to the iPhone storing all photos as landscape, but adds an 'orientation' tag in the EXIF data - to declare that it's actually supposed to be a portrait image.

Has anyone managed to solve this issue before?

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday March 20, 2013 | Permalink
  3. David Peralty

This isn't a Gravity Forms issue but instead one with the iPhone and WordPress.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday March 20, 2013 | Permalink