PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

User membership question

1. hayley

Hello,

I'm interested in purchasing the developer licence in order to take advantage of the membership and paypal add-ons, but I just want to be sure how far Gravity Forms can go with my requirements.

I'm setting up a Buddypress site and would like users to be registered only when they pay with paypal. The idea is that users will pay for access not to the site as a whole, but for access to individual Buddypress groups. Is it possible to use this plugin so that when a user pays for membership, they are automatically added to the particular group? Or if I'd need to implement different coding or plugins for this, can you recommend a method that would integrate with this plugin?

I'm not sure if I've made my question very clear so please let me know if this doesn't make sense! Thanks.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday November 28, 2011 | Permalink
  2. You can do what you're asking, but it won't just be using Gravity Forms. Gravity Forms will register the user, just as it happens in WordPress and BuddyPress. However, the access you give them is up to you.

There is a plugin called Buddypress Auto Group Join which should do what you want:

That will automatically put people into specific groups when they register. You can close all the other groups to make them private or hidden. Hidden will require an invitation, and private will require approval. This is BuddyPress functionality though, not Gravity Forms.

Not sure if that helps. The issues are more related to BuddyPress than the user registration add-on. Gravity Forms with the add-on will register the user: what happens after that is up to you. Please ask if you have more questions before you make your purchase decision. Thank you.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday December 1, 2011 | Permalink