PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

User registration - don't require user to enter password twice

1. g01010

Hi

I'd like to create a registration form that didn't require users to confirm their password. They just entered their email address and password once and that was it. Is it possible to disable the 'Confirm password' field?

Thanks for your advice.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday October 2, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Deleted this information because it was incorrect. December 6, 2012. Please see this.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday October 3, 2012 | Permalink
  3. mic

Hi Chris,

I have the same question ...

I create a single line input field for my 'light password' and I check "enable password Input".
    After, when i map my registration feed, in the menu "User Settings / Password" I can only choose "Auto Generate Password".
    I don't see the 'light password' field .

Another litle problem, if I create a real field password field, the mapping works. But password field does not appear in the messages. I do not know the password chosen by my users. Is this normal?

Thank a lot
    mic

Posted 11 years ago on Friday November 23, 2012 | Permalink
  4. David Peralty

As for not seeing the user selected password, that is totally normal. Many people use the same passwords everywhere, and wouldn't be happy knowing they gave the true text of it to you.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday November 23, 2012 | Permalink
  5. interactive_bytes

I got this reponse a few hours ago.

Rob Harrell replied
    Rachel,

You have to use a password field for the user registration integration. Per the documentation:

"Password
    Add a Password field (under Advanced Fields). This field will only be available after the User Registration Add-on is installed and activated. This field will be mapped to the Password field for user registration."

Posted 11 years ago on Monday November 26, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.