PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

User registration welcome email - user first 0r last name

1. twistystraws

I'm sending new users welcome email that is addressed to them "Dear Mr Bloggs"

This references the seperate email that includes the username and password. In that email, I want to also start, "Dear Mr Bloggs".

I've searched high (and low), but cna't find a solution to this anywhere. Non of the welcome email plugins seem to have this functionality. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday November 22, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Are you trying to change the default welcome message from WordPress or BuddyPress, or are you talking about sending a separate welcome email with that wording?

3. twistystraws

The default welcome message in Wordpress - the one that gets sent if I tick the box in the user registration additional opions "Send this password to the new user by email."

4. To change the default WordPress message, you will need to use WordPress functions or a plugin. Please see this discussion: http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/q/4514

Posted 11 years ago on Monday November 26, 2012 | Permalink
  5. Hi Chris,
    Is this still true in Gravity Forms Version 1.7?
    New users on my site are being sent their usernames, but not passwords.
    Thanks,
    Josh

Posted 10 years ago on Monday April 29, 2013 | Permalink