PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

validation

1. bobbriare

I have read though the site but have no been able to determine if your product can do something that I want.

I would like to generate a random 9 alpha and numeric codes and print them on a product. In order to enter into a contest, the buyer would enter the code. I would like your form to check and see if that 9 digit code is valid.

can this be done? I have no database knowledge.

Thank you for taking the time to respond,

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday November 9, 2011 | Permalink
  2. This isn't a built in feature. It can be done but not without writing a customization.

You'd have to have a database that stores the 9 digit codes. Then you'd have to use the gform_validation hook to validate what is submitted in the form matches one of the 9 digit codes in your database.

It's a custom use case so you aren't going to find anything that does this out of the box.

3. I have done this, check an entered value against a database value to see if it's valid. After you make your purchase I will be happy to help you implement it. There are several code examples here that explain how it was done.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.