PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

W3 Total Cache and Gravity Forms

1. wavecons

I am using W3TC with gravity forms. Got the database caching function in W3 Total Cache enabled and would like to exclude gravity forms databases from the db caching.

I found several posts on this forum where you mention that this should be done to prevent GF running out of sync.

However, I am struggling what exactly to put into the W3TC database caching section.
    There is only one field within the W3TC which states:
    "Never cache the following pages:"

The weird thing is W3TC talks about "pages" and not "tables" in the DATABASE CACHING SETTINGS page.
    Do I need to put the page URL's of all gravity forms pages in there - or - do I need to put in the database name of the GF tables?

If the later - what table syntax would I put in there?

Would be great if anybody could help me with this.

Thanks a lot for any help in advance.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday April 4, 2011 | Permalink
  2. By default W3 Total Cache should ignore Gravity Forms related queries as they whitelist the Gravity Forms table prefix. However, if it is not doing so, this could be because your database table prefixes don't use the default.

There is a setting under the Database caching options to exclude/whitelist queries with a specific query stem. This is where you would add the Gravity Forms table prefix for it to ignore them.

If you have further issues or need specifics with the W3 Total Cache plugin, you would have to discuss this with the W3 Total Cache developers.

3. I also use W3TC and have excluded my Gravity Forms pages from database and page caching, just to be safe. But do I really need to do this? What is your recommendation?

4. Yes, you need to exclude it from database caching, and it may be a good idea to include the pages the forms are on also. If you don't, it can cause problems with form submissions being saved.

5. Hi Carl,

You mention above, " There is a setting under the Database caching options to exclude/whitelist queries with a specific query stem. This is where you would add the Gravity Forms table prefix........"

But could you tell me where to find that prefix and give an example of what exactly I should enter into the "Database caching - Ignored query stems" box?

Last week I activated several options on my W3TC and now my one and only Gravity Form is not working properly .i.e.

After filling out the form the user clicks the submit button but is now not given to the confirmation notice so naturally they press multiple times and I get multiple email notifications.

I'm really not sure what I can do to rectify this other than do as you advise above but I'm not totally clear on what exactly I should enter into the fields:

Never cache the following pages: would it be http://www.mywebsite/contact OR just /contact
    Ignored query stems: and I've no idea what would go here.

I hope you can offer me some advice.

Thanks

Posted 11 years ago on Monday September 17, 2012 | Permalink
  6. UPDATE!

With regards to my entry to this thread above,
    I think I have highlighted the problem but I would
    still appreciate any advice on how to resolve the issue.

I now believe the problem to be the MINIFY settings in W3 Total Cache.

If I uncheck MINIFY, my form works again.
    i.e. the user submits their enquiry, they see the
    confirmation message and then don't need to press
    the submit button multiple times as described above.

The settings I have when MINIFY is enabled (and the form breaks) are:

HTML minify settings:
    Enable YES
    Inline CSS minification YES
    Inline JS minification YES
    Don't minify feeds NO
    Line break removal NO

JS minify settings:
    Enable YES
    All others NO

CSS minify settings:
    Enable YES
    All others NO

Can anybody suggest what the correct settings should be?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Posted 11 years ago on Monday September 17, 2012 | Permalink
  7. I see you started a new topic here, so we will close this one. Thanks.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday September 18, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.