PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Will GF allow me to build an order enquiry form like this

1. khidhaboy

Hi,

I've tried the demo area and built a product enquiry order form but I can't save/preview it in the demo area.

What I am looking to do is create a product enquiry form like this:
    http://www.washyourhands.co.uk/hand-wash-unit-hire

I want the user to pick a product from the drop-down (each product is separately priced). The total price should be calculated as:
    Chosen Product x Qty x Duration + Shipping

Can you advise if this is possible or setup a dummy product order form I can play with in the demo area.

Many thanks
    KB

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday November 16, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Gravity Forms doesn't support the concept of Product x Quantity x Duration.

It only supports the concept of Product x Quantity = Total.

It does, however also support Options on the Product as well as Shipping. So with all of them utilized it would look like this:

(Product + Options) x Quantity + Shipping = Total

So with that in mind, it may be possible to do what you want to do using the available tools, you would just have to rethink things a bit and work with the available tools to make it work.

What you could do is:

- Use a Product Field for the product
    - Use an Option Field for the duration, have each duration add to the Product price
    - Quantity field multiples the product price which includes taking the Option into account

From what I can tell that would give you a similar outcome.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday November 16, 2011 | Permalink
  3. khidhaboy

Right will give that a go - many thanks!

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday November 17, 2011 | Permalink
  4. Good luck. Please let us know if you need any help once you get started.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday November 17, 2011 | Permalink