PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

WP 3.3 and GF Form problem

1. Polansky

I have just upgraded to WordPress 3.3 but now having some problems with some forms.

One of my forms displayd the user first and lastname by a field 'firstname' and 'lastname' with the WP standard codes {user:user_firstname} and {user:user_lastname}. This has now stopped working.

These fields are not automatically filled anymore.

Is this a bug, or has something been going wrong with the upgrade to WP 3.3?

I am using the latest version of GF forms.

Thanks for your reply!

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday December 13, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Hi Polansky,

Are you sure this was working before you upgraded? I checked on the data available to the {user:***} merge tag and it appears it is limited to:

ID
    user_login
    user_pass
    user_nicename
    user_email
    user_url
    user_registered
    user_activation_key
    user_status
    display_name

We will look at expanding this functionality in a future release.

In the meantime, you might consider using this method:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/right-parameter-names-to-pre-populate-the-names-fields#post-14044

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday December 13, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Polansky

I would really appreciate if these (basic) fields could be added in a future release.
    I am not a programmer and have no idea what i need to do with the code mentioned in the link.

Also will the user registration add-on be available anytime soon to non-developers?

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday December 14, 2011 | Permalink
  4. Hi Polansky,

Duly noted.

Was there anything in particular about the setup instructions for the code in the other thread that didn't make sense? Any particular step confusing? Let me know and I can clarify.

There are currently no plans to include the User Registration Add-on with any other licenses. Bear in mind, the Developer License is not only for developers. It's for any user that will be using Gravity Forms on more than 3 websites and/or needs access to the top tier Add-ons.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday December 14, 2011 | Permalink
  5. Lee Hord

I think there is an issue post 3.3 update. I can no longer populate fields with particular merge tags, such as:

first_name
    last_name
    user_phone

Plus a bunch of other ones that I have created. These were working before the update, so something in 3.3 has broken perhaps. Not sure where to start looking for a fix on this one.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday December 20, 2011 | Permalink
  6. Nelson

I have found the I cannot edit the form fields with the new WP. Also WP spawned a bunch of processes that appear to be related.

Update, it appears that the Viddymatic plugin was causing the edit issue.

I edited this post since it is unrelated to the original poster's question, but left it here in case it's useful. I just don't want to derail the topic.

--Chris Hajer

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday December 20, 2011 | Permalink
  7. Hi Lee,

I was able to confirm your issue. Please send me an email at david@rocketgenius.com and I will send you an updated version.

The same applies for any other user who would like this fix before the next public release.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday December 22, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.