PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

WP Types & Views and admin menus

1. jcollier

I have a back-end admin menus conflict between Gravity Forms and WP Types & Views.

- With GF and Types activated, both appear
    - With Types and Views activated, both appear
    - With GF, Types, and Views activated, only GF and Types appear (Views disappears)

In other words, activating GF causes Views to disappear.

No other plugins active on this site.

Any suggestions as to how to diagnose this problem?

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday March 22, 2012 | Permalink
  2. jcollier

Even with the most recent update to 1.6.3.3.4, I'm still having the same problem:

When I activate Gravity Forms, another plugin, WP-Views, is removed from the back-end left-column menu.

I asked you and them about what might be causing the problem. They are perplexed. I haven't heard back from you.

Do you have any suggestions as to how this problem might be diagnosed?

This problem prevents me from using Gravity Forms plus custom types to create new posts.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday April 11, 2012 | Permalink
  3. GZA

We ruled out using Types & Views for our project as it's a beta product, or it was last time we looked.

At the end of the day, it's probably better to create types and views by hand than relying on what is probably a buggy product judging from the iffy UI.

4. jcollier

I'm surprised to hear a developer dis another developer, especially since I seem to remember being told to hand-code my forms when Gravity Forms was in its early days, too ;)

In any case, WP Types & Views is now post-beta and in active development by the WPML team, and it's been working flawlessly. I haven't made that particular site in my network public, but the rest is already active: http://mainelearning.net/

However, the problem is specific to one site in the network. So, I've created a new site, exported all of the Forms, Types, Views meta data, and will load it up!

5. GZA

I'm not a developer, so I will feel free to 'diss' whoever I like ;-)

6. @GZA - let's keep it friendly please.

7. GZA

I actually wasn't dissing anyone. Last time I looked Types and Views was flaky and was in beta and I didn't care for the UI as it goes against best practice. I have no problem expressing such opinion especially as it wasn't a free product - it has a price tag!

Just calling it how it is. That's me. Nothing personal.

8. Okay. Thanks

9. jcollier

Hey, following even more research, it turns out there was no reason to point toward a WP-Types problem anyway. For whatever reason, it was a plugin called PS-Taxonomy-Expander that conflicted with both GF and Types.

So, now both plugins are robust and dependable again.

10. Right on, thanks for letting us know.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.