Gravity Forms User Registration Add-On Beta 5 is now available. This release improves compatibility with BuddyPress profile fields in BuddyPress v1.2.7. It now supports the various BuddyPress profile field types.
We are very close to a final 1.0 release of this add-on and appreciate all the feedback and bug reports that have been sent in so far. If you encounter any issues with this release, post on the support forum so we can take care of them before the final 1.0 version is released.
Here is a look at what is new in Beta 5:
- Added support for all BuddyPress profile field types
- Rewrote function to better retrieve values from the $_POST and $entry object
With the User Registration Add-On you can easily create a registration form that does more than just create a user account, it can also automatically populate user meta data and BuddyPress profile data as well as create a Gravity Forms entry to capture non-user registration related data. The User Registration Add-On also integrates with the PayPal Add-On to require a payment before the user is registered.
The Gravity Forms User Registration Add-On requires the latest build of Gravity Forms v1.5 and will not work with older versions of Gravity Forms. The PayPal integration requires the use of the PayPal Add-On.
Here are some of the features of the User Registration Add-On:
- User Registration - Setup a form to register a user by mapping your form fields to available user registration fields in WordPress.
- User Meta - Easily populate user meta data such as bio, instant messaging id, first name, last name as well as custom user meta to suit your needs.
- BuddyPress Integration - Populate BuddyPress profile field data as part of the user registration process. Currently works with BuddyPress v1.2.6.
- Payment Integration - Require a payment before user registration occurs. Includes support for PayPal subscriptions, and changing the user role or deleting the user if the subscription is canceled.
- Password Field - The User Registration Add-On adds a Password field to Gravity Forms for use in your forms. The Password field includes a confirmation option, as well as a built in password strength checker option.
- Post Author - Integrate the User Registration Add-On and Post Creation on a single form so that the author of the post that is created is the user registered by the add-on.
- Site Creation - Automatically create a site on a WordPress network (multi-site) install and assign the newly created users as the Administrator for the site.
ADD-ONS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE TO GRAVITY FORMS DEVELOPER LICENSE HOLDERS.
Don't own a Gravity Forms Developer License? Purchase one now!
You may download the User Registration Add-On here, and read the documentation here.