PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

508 compliance - can't use only keyboard to create a new form

1. Maybe I'm missing how to do it, but it seems to me that you can't use just a keyboard to create a new form. I can add fields, but I can't edit them. Am I missing something, or is this right? If this is the way it is, any chance you can fix it in a future release so that Gravity Forms is 508 Compliant?

Thanks,

-Paul

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday January 3, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Nope, you're not missing anything. 508 compliance isn't something that we're touting or supporting at this time. We've discussed some options for the future but the complex nature of the UI doesn't easily lend itself to a keyboard-only approach.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday January 4, 2012 | Permalink
  3. You're going to cut your possible client list then. People can ignore ADA/508 Compliance but that doesn't mean they won't get sued. It's not just the Feds that have to comply with ADA/508. Target was sued for $6 million because of their website. A lot of places now have purchasing policies in place that state the products they purchase have to be ADA compliant.

To make things easier from the programming/UI side, I'd suggest you take a look at WAI-ARIA http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/aria

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday March 20, 2012 | Permalink
  4. That's nifty. That's simply a "guideline" though and not a requirement my friend. I'm not particularly worried about "cutting our client list" either. If you can find another comparable form builder where you can build and edit an entire complex form with just your keyboard that would be cool to see. You might even want to use that one instead if it's really important to you.

Of course, as I said before, we're always interested in making the plugin more flexible and accessible but that's more difficult than you may think with this type of application. Thanks for the feedback.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday March 21, 2012 | Permalink