PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

A Basic Example of gform_post_submission would be awesome

1. After looking around the forum for an answer it seems there a several people who are interested in capturing the field data from a gravity form and storing it in a separate database. It would be awesome if the gravity forms core team could provide the most basic of examples of how to accomplish this.

I am using the Gravity Forms User Registration addon to register visitors to my blog (this form captures first/last name, username, password and email). I am simply trying to capture the $_POST values of their entry and store them in a second database for other uses outside of wordpress.

I know that I need to place the following in my functions.php file:

add_action('gform_post_submission', 'do_something');
    function do_something($entry){
    //Do something code
    }

I know I need to capture the data AFTER it has been scrubbed through the forms validation function. I have looked at http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Entry_Object From what I understand the $entry["1"]; returns the second item within the $entry[]; associative array. I am assuming that $entry[ ] is akin to $_POST[ ]

I just think a simple example of how to pull this information using the GravityForms API would be so very helpful to so many developers.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday August 24, 2011 | Permalink
  2. hupchurch

I would very much like to be able to do this as well. I see the code but I don't really know how to implement this.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday February 20, 2012 | Permalink
  3. I never did figure out how to do this.

4. hupchurch

Did you do something different or just not do anything at all? I am open to any suggestions.

5. Gaslight

I had a similar question for gform_after_submission, still unanswered at the moment

http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/hide-certain-fields-or-data-after-being-submitted-using-gform_after_submission

but I'm also interested in gform_post_submission

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday February 21, 2012 | Permalink
  6. @Gaslight gform_post_submission has been deprecated and should not be used anymore. I have answered your question regarding gform_after_submission in that thread.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday February 21, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.