PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Activating plugin fauls - causes fatal error

1. I'm very familiar with the install process - done it dozens of times. This is the first time I've seen this problem.

I FTP uploaded Gravity Forums 1.6.11 to WordPress 3.5 site.
    I navigated to Plugins and clicked Activate once upload was complete.

I received the following message:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Warning: require_once(/home7/shurethi/public_html/shurefoods/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/widget.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home7/shurethi/public_html/shurefoods/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/gravityforms.php on line 72

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home7/shurethi/public_html/shurefoods/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/widget.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/lib/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home7/shurethi/public_html/shurefoods/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/gravityforms.php on line 72

Posted 11 years ago on Monday January 14, 2013 | Permalink
  2. It sounds like you have an incomplete copy of the plugin; it appears the gravityforms/widget.php file is missing. Can you delete the plugin folder wp-content/plugins/gravityforms and download a fresh copy, then upload that?

http://www.gravityhelp.com/downloads/

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday January 15, 2013 | Permalink
  3. That is so strange, but that fixed it. Thanks for the heads up.

4. You're welcome.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.