PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Add a Captcha?

1. graphical_force

I'm trying to add a captcha to a form and I see it as an option but it does not get added to the form when I click it. Is there something else I need to do to enable it?

Thanks in advance!

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday November 29, 2011 | Permalink
  2. You cannot use reCAPTCHA with an AJAX enabled form. Did you embed the form and check the box for AJAX? That won't work.

If that's not the case, please post a link to your form and we will check it out. It could be a theme or plugin conflict causing problems.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday December 1, 2011 | Permalink
  3. graphical_force

I'm using the forms by putting the code in a template so I am not seeing where ajax would be enabled.

http://rockymountaindoings.com/vailbeaver-creek/vailbeaver-creek-winter-activities/vailbeaver-creek-downhill-skiing/

thanks.

4. Are you saying when you click on the Captcha field in the form editor it doesn't get added to the form you are creating/editing so that you can then edit it's options?

Or are you saying you have added a Captcha field to your form but it's not displaying on the front end.

Please clarify as there is some confusion on what the exact issue is. Thanks!

5. graphical_force

Hi Carl, I am saying that a Captcha is not being added when I click the form editor therefore I cannot edit it.

Thanks.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday December 2, 2011 | Permalink
  6. This sounds like an AJAX problem then, the first thing that comes to mind is this is going to be a PHP Memory issue. More specifically a lack of available PHP memory to complete the AJAX call to add the field.

Send me the URL of your site and a WordPress admin login and let me know which form. I'll take a look and can tell you quickly what the problem is going to be. You can send this information to me directly at carl@rocketgenius.com and include a link to this forum post so I know what it is in regards to.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday December 2, 2011 | Permalink
  7. graphical_force

I sent you an email with the subject line the same one as the name of this thread.

I have several forms on there. If you can take a look at one and let me know what the issue is, I should be able to fix it for the other ones.

Thanks.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday December 7, 2011 | Permalink
  8. The issue is your WordPress site returns an AJAX error when the Captcha field type is added to your form. The error is coming from a core WordPress AJAX related file that Gravity Forms uses to implement AJAX.

Because nobody else is experiencing this issue it leads me to believe the issue is being caused by other code running on your site. In order to try and determine if code in your theme or in another plugin is causing the WordPress AJAX issue you will first need to test for theme and plugin conflicts by following these instructions:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Testing_for_a_Theme/Plugin_Conflict

Let me know how it goes.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday December 7, 2011 | Permalink