PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Add a new post without being a blog subscriber

1. Hi there,
    My client would like to give her visitors the ability to add a new blog post to her site.
    Specifics are, she doesn't want them to have to register as a user/subscriber, so the new post would have to be saved as a draft - which she'd then approve/publish (like a comment).
    It would also require the ability to upload an image file, & be added to a specific category.
    From a bit of research I've done this kind of thing does seem to be possible - but I'd like to implement it using Gravity Forms - so, any ideas?
    Thanks for looking,
    Jas

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday March 5, 2013 | Permalink
  2. This is all very easy to do with Gravity Forms. You can set the post visibility to Draft when you create the form, you can pre-select the category, and you can assign a default author (admin?) for any entry submitted by someone not logged in. There is no requirement that the person submitting the form be a logged in member.

You can add post image fields to the form from the "Post Fields" section in the form builder.

Take a look at the post body field when you create your form. You will see all the options you need right there.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday March 6, 2013 | Permalink
  3. Hi Chris,
    I've had a look & you are indeed correct - dead simple.
    Thanks again,
    Jas

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday March 6, 2013 | Permalink
  4. Glad that worked for you. Thanks for the update.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday March 12, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.