PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Add a "save form" button to the floating field admin menu

1. After using the plugin over the weekend I can say without a doubt that Gravity Forms is a time saver. Forms are up and running in minutes and easily styled with CSS.

The two things I noticed that were very minor but would improve usability are:

• Adding the submit button to the floating menu - on longer forms with conditions, etc. this is a real time saver and convenience. Having to scroll to the bottom every time you need to save could be replaced rather easily (I'm guessing)
    • Jump to the newly added field when creating the form - again, just a usability improvement. When you add a new field to a longer form it would be great if the focus would take you to that new section at the bottom. (or even better, would insert the new field just below the currently selected/edited field)

Again, excellent plugin. We'll definitely be using it for our projects in the future.

You can check back later this week to see the forms in action at http://orangeapplegroup.com

Cheers,
    --Jake

Posted 14 years ago on Monday March 8, 2010 | Permalink
  2. Jake,

Thanks for the suggestions. We've already discussed these exact ideas and I'm sure they'll make a future release. I'm not sure exactly when that will be yet, but some UI improvements are on the way.

Posted 14 years ago on Monday March 8, 2010 | Permalink
  3. Great to hear. I didn't think I'd be the first to suggest it, I just didn't see it elseware in the forum.

I set up my second set of forms today in about 3 minutes. Amazing time saver.

Posted 14 years ago on Tuesday March 9, 2010 | Permalink
  4. Great news. We do appreciate the suggestions so please keep them coming.

Posted 14 years ago on Tuesday March 9, 2010 | Permalink
  5. cobra

Jump to the newly added field when creating the form - again, just a usability improvement. When you add a new field to a longer form it would be great if the focus would take you to that new section at the bottom. (or even better, would insert the new field just below the currently selected/edited field)

-> Any update on this?

I'm using Gravity forms for the first time and overall, I'm impressed. I'll be upgrading my license very soon to use with multiple sites. The multi-page functionality is excellent, however it gets to be cumbersome with form length. I'm currently working on a LENGTHY multi-page form, and adding a new field anywhere but the very end becomes quite tedious, as it needs to be dragged (literally) thousands of pixels into place. Adding more than one field near the top of the form ALMOST makes me want to resort to manual markup. Ideally, I won't have to do that once the form is done, but as with most client work, things always change. The simple usability improvements mentioned above would make a world of difference.

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday December 15, 2010 | Permalink
  6. Thanks for the feedback. As we've mentioned before, we do have plans for ongoing UI improvements and we'll be incorporating those as we can.

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday December 15, 2010 | Permalink
  7. sccr410

I am just adding my vote for both of these options. I just got done creating a client survey with lots of questions and conditionals. Scrolling all over the place to drag/drop new fields and hit the save button was a pain (but the only pain, everything else was absolutely flawless).

Posted 13 years ago on Friday March 25, 2011 | Permalink
  8. I second both these thoughts, especially being able to insert a field in-context.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday April 25, 2011 | Permalink
  9. +1

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday April 26, 2011 | Permalink
  10. bradvin

I would love these enhancements - esp when dealing with a form with over 30 fields :)

Also the ability to choose where the new field is placed could be a help, as sometimes you want to add a field somewhere in the middle of the form

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday May 3, 2011 | Permalink
  11. Yes Yes!! Please count my vote for both of these features. Being able to add a field to the middle of a length form is a must for time savings....especially with this nightmare, 5 page 30+ form field one I'm working on!

Posted 12 years ago on Monday May 23, 2011 | Permalink