PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

ADD DESIGN & CSS to make it easy to style

1. Love the Plugin, love the conditional logic, love the pre made classes. all the Brains are there!

But Styling Gravity forms has been the hardest thing i have ever come across!
    It is Incredibly difficult to style!!!!

I just want a simple text in the field, and when i click it - i want it to go away.
    (not to much to ask - I am actually considering back to contact form7 due to just that feature)

some pre defined themes would be great. the ability to add images to fileds as backgrounds or icons. FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST... Allow us to make hidden titles!

In the words of Steve jobs: Design is not only how it looks but alos how it functions... but the ability to make it look and therefore function is Much too limited!

I have had to go from one web developer to the other to give me a quote on styling gForms, but no-one will take it! No one want to get their hands dirty with the styling.

I have Styled the
    < u l> and < li > classes on one of my themes and now Gravity forms is in the terms of design.

So here is my plea - Get some good UI designers and make an added section to the plugin called Style - Allow users to pick predefined, or make their own styles, save and share them...

Posted 10 years ago on Friday April 26, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Richard Vav
    Administrator

I just want a simple text in the field, and when i click it - i want it to go away

that sounds like the placeholder attribute which was introduced in html5, it disappears when the user starts typing in the field, it's not available out of the box in gravity forms yet, but it can be accomplished by either using a plugin

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/gravity-forms-placeholders/
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/gravity-forms-auto-placeholders/

or if you only have a few fields a bit of jQuery would accomplish it as well, the following example would add the placeholder Name to field 1 of form 5

<script>
    jQuery(document).ready(function($){
         $('#input_5_1').attr('placeholder','Name');
    });
    </script>

Regards,
    Richard
    --
    Just another member of the community helping out where I can

Posted 10 years ago on Friday April 26, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.