PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Add to custom taxonomy from single line text field

1. Hacky Code

hi, i need the single line text field to be used as a film title which will then post to a custom taxonomy in order to group film titles.

im aware this will require custom code/hooks but i dont have a clue where to start or what files to edit.

any pointers will be appreciated,

thanks

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday August 3, 2011 | Permalink
  2. The first thing I would suggest is looking at the Gravity Forms Custom Post Type Add-On which is a 3rd party add-on available in the WordPress.org plugin repository. We didn't create it, but you may want to see if it can assist you in doing what you want to do.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/gravity-forms-custom-post-types/

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday August 3, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Hacky Code

sorry, thats not what im after, i already use it for several other purposes.
    in basic terms, custom taxonomy aside, gravity forms itself does not create new categories. are there plans to implement that in core?
    and for now how would i go about creating a new category using the single line text field?
    cheers.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday August 4, 2011 | Permalink
  4. This is the first time category creation has been suggested, so I can't tell you for sure if it will ever make it in as a feature. Based on user demand, i'd say no. But never say never.

If you wanted to do this as a customization you would have to write custom code using the gform_post_submission hook to update the post that is created and create the new category using custom code that you write.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday August 4, 2011 | Permalink
  5. sascha

Hi there,
    I am also interested in having GF create new categories or custom taxonomies. Has anyone found a way to do this yet?

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday October 23, 2011 | Permalink