PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Adding A Form To Sidebar Widget

1. Hello,

I searched the forum, but could not specifically find an answer to this question. One link about "embedding a form" actually lead to a page with no content.

Can you explain how we would add a Gravity Form to a sidebar using the "Widget" area in Wordpress?

Of course we understand how to setup a form, but not quite clear how we can drop that into the sidebar via the widgets menu in Wordpress admin.

Thanks for your feedback.

Posted 10 years ago on Thursday June 13, 2013 | Permalink
  2. When you go to the widgets area there will be a "Form" option that you can add and configure.

See this Screenshot

Posted 10 years ago on Thursday June 13, 2013 | Permalink
  3. palpatine

I'm actually having an issue with embedding a form in the sidebar as well.

I can't use the form widget, for other reasons, so I added an "Execute PHP" in sidebars plugin to the site so I can drop the short code in a text widget.

The form shows up now, and works, but there is a problem with the styling. There is a fine dark grey or black dotted line that separates each field of the form. It looks pretty horrible, definitely can't use it this way.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Any advice on how to fix it?

Thanks,
    Aaron

Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday June 19, 2013 | Permalink
  4. palpatine

Nevermind, I just added this:
    body #gform_wrapper_1 .gform_body .gform_fields .gfield {
    border-bottom: none;
    }

And it worked like a charm. Actually found the answer on a different post here, took me forever...and I got kinda lucky, but I found it.

Maybe I need to un-tick some of the options when I search, I get a lot of Boooo's when searching :-(

-Aaron

Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday June 19, 2013 | Permalink
  5. You might also consider, for this and other similar needs, the plug entitled "Widget Areas"

It's one of my base-installs for any wordpress site I develop.

Then simply drop in the shortcode for the form and you're all set.

Cheers.

Posted 10 years ago on Saturday June 29, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.