PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Address field wrong labels if adapted

1. Nowton

If we disable Country, Address2, and State fields in an Address fieldset, we lose the field for City. The City field is erroneously named ZIP/Postal Code. FWIW we use a Dutch translation, it may be that the error is in the translation.

Posted 10 years ago on Monday June 17, 2013 | Permalink
  2. It could be, all of our translations were provided by our users which can be found here if you'd like to edit/update them:
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/downloads/

3. I've also encountered a similar issue with the advanced Address field in Dutch. I get the Postcode label under both fields see screenshot: http://cl.ly/image/4322371y031O

I've also searched in the translation files but couldn't find any discrepancies. Maybe its glitch in the core files. However i also sent a e-mail to Pronamic who made the Dutch translation files. Hope that it can be fixed soon.

4. I've also noticed that the fields have been switched. In Dutch you have first the Postcode and then the City. Now i'm getting Postcode field 1 = City - Postcode field 2 = Postcode.

Posted 10 years ago on Tuesday June 18, 2013 | Permalink
  5. leono77

Please Gravity Team.. 1.7.6. > four updates and no fix? This is a pretty easy bug to fix for the developers. Please fix it. I had a client who was not too happy about it. I changed it in the common.php file for now...

Posted 10 years ago on Friday June 28, 2013 | Permalink
  6. David Peralty

leono77, you need to fix it in the translation file, not in common.php and our translations are all given to us by community members, so if they have mistakes, we expect/hope our community will take it upon themselves to fix it so we have the best translations possible.

All my best!

Posted 10 years ago on Friday June 28, 2013 | Permalink
  7. Anwar

I'm having problems to with the Dutch translation. I've got 10 clients bothering me because of the sudden change from City (stad in dutch) to ZIp/Postcal code, which isn't even dutch.

Posted 10 years ago on Tuesday July 2, 2013 | Permalink
  8. Anwar

I've downloaded the lastest .mo en .po files from GFhelp. I checked the .po settings for ZIP code en ZIP post code, they both translate as 'Plaats' in Dutch which is correct. When i upload it and check the front- and back-end of GF it still translates as 'Zip Postal Code'.

Posted 10 years ago on Tuesday July 2, 2013 | Permalink
  9. Richard Vav
    Administrator

If you still require assistance with this please open a new support ticket or a priority support ticket if you are a developer license holder. Thank you.

Posted 10 years ago on Friday July 26, 2013 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.