PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Adminimize Plugin Gravity form not working

1. Christinarule

I'm using the plugin Adminimize to enable certain users from accessing certain things in the dashboard. One of the users Im setting permissions for is the "editor". No matter what I do I'm unable to get the forms to show up in the editors dashboard is that set by default? How can I change this?

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday June 15, 2011 | Permalink
  2. I'm not familiar with Adminimize, but Gravity Forms uses standard WordPress role capabilities for access control. So it sounds like Adminimize does not. One plugin that does work with Gravity Forms and lets you control role management and Gravity Forms access on a role by role basis is the Members plugin from Justin Tadlock which has Role Management capabilities. You can find it here:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/members/

3. Christinarule

Awesome Thanks! Got it working!

4. Got any suggestions for a similar plugin or solution that's compatible with the latest version of Wordpress? I really need to to give editors access to Gravity Forms. Thanks.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday January 17, 2012 | Permalink
  5. The members plugin does not work with the latest WordPress 3.3.1? I am using it without an issue. What sort of problem are you having, or did you read that it's compatible up to 3.2.1?

6. It says it's not compatible but I haven't actually installed it yet. If you're using it and it works fine then I'll just go ahead and install it. Thanks.

7. Please give it a shot. It is working without any trouble for me on several installations.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday January 18, 2012 | Permalink
  8. I added the following snippet in functions.php to enable other plugins like Adminimize to set the permissions for Gravity Forms (tested in Wordpress 3.4.2).

function connect_adminimize_gravityforms(){
    	$role = get_role('editor'); // Or whatever role you need to enable this for
    	$role->add_cap('gform_full_access');
    }
    add_action('admin_init','connect_adminimize_gravityforms');
    Posted 11 years ago on Monday November 5, 2012 | Permalink
  9. Thank you for that code snippet.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday November 5, 2012 | Permalink