PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

After enabling conditional logic for a field, previews come up blank

1. Hi,

This makes little sense to me. The whole problem is described in the subject. I have a one checkbox field that is a yes/no field. When I try to show a paragraph text field after checking the box, previews stop working. I see in Firebug that the form is there, it's just got inline style set to display: none.

<div id="gform_wrapper_1" class="gform_wrapper" style="display:none">

It seems to me the conditional logic has a bug in which it applies the hidden state to the entire form as opposed to the element which I assigned it to.

Is this a known problem?

Thanks for any help,
    Eivind

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday August 16, 2011 | Permalink
  2. The conditional logic isn't working in your preview page?

Normally this happens when forms that use conditional logic are embedded in your theme and the necessary form scripts aren't enqueued properly. The display property isn't a bug, it's by design.

http://www.gravityhelp.com/question/why-is-there-a-style-attribute-of-displaynone-being-added-my-form-isnt-showing-up/

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday August 16, 2011 | Permalink
  3. I would like to add what I have just experienced with this issue. I created a form and added to a Draft page using a short code. In Draft mode the form does not display when I set a condition. I found this odd since a published page with a different form that has a condition does show up and works properly. So I thought I would try publishing the page to see if that made a difference and it sure did, the form showed up and the conditions work. Switching this back to Draft I found the following JS error in Safari's Inspector

ReferenceError: Can't find variable: analyticsFileTypes in external-tracking.min.js:2

I hope this helps someone else and that this can be resolved in a future version.
    Thank you!

Posted 12 years ago on Friday January 6, 2012 | Permalink
  4. What plugin is that error coming from?

5. It appears this plugin is part of google-analyticator. Let me know if you need more info.

6. We won't need any more info. I would contact the author of that plugin and see about having them fix that error. The error there is preventing the Gravity Forms JavaScript from running

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday January 10, 2012 | Permalink